Interrogation

Entangled

(Krystal’s POV)

It felt a little foreign not having Jessie breathing down my neck when I wanted to meet up with Taeyeon unni. Is it weird if I actually missed her jealous side? She was just too cute when she was jealous and possessive, but it was a manifestation of her love for me so it made me feel happy even though it was a little annoying at times.

After classes ended, I went to the restaurant to meet up with Taeyeon unni. Amazingly, she was already there. I think it was probably the first time since we’ve met that she wasn’t late.

“Unni! You’re here!” I greeted her.

“I know. Amazing, right?!” she laughed.

She stood up from her chair and gave me a hug.

“So, how’s it going, little one?” she asked.

“Not too bad… Can’t complain…” I answered.

“Just not too bad? I was expecting you to be in bliss…” she teased.

I couldn’t help but smile. “I just didn’t want to overdo it… What about you unni? How are things going?”

“Well, the project is progressing really fast and my boss has been demanding a lot from the team but it’s going well. Other than that my life is same old, same old…”

“Unni, can I ask you something?”

“Of course…”

“How long have you known?”

“About what?”

“You know… Jessie and me.”

“Oh… well when I first met you two, I thought you were a couple until Fany told me you were sisters. I was kind of shocked.”

“Uhm… really?!”

“I mean… honestly you two kind of walk a fine line between being sisters and being lovers. It’s hard to explain but apparently I’m the only one who’s noticed…”

I started to wonder what others thought when I was out with Jessie especially before we revealed our feelings for each other because we were less conscious then with the way we behaved around each other.

“But when was it that-“

“Hold up! If you’re going to interrogate me like this… let’s at least order first… I’m starving!” she joked.

I was so focused on getting answers from her that I completely forgot that we were actually there for dinner.

“Sorry, unni. I just have so many questions on my mind…” I told her.

She chuckled. “It’s okay. I’ll tell you anything you want to know… AFTER we order.”

So we placed our orders and continued our conversation.

“So what were you saying?” she asked.

“When was it that you knew that there was something between us?”

“Well… you two bicker like a married couple… and then that night you came to me for advice… I kind of got the feeling you were talking about Sica. Then it was pretty obvious on Sica’s end because she was always jealous. That’s not really normal sisterly behavior. I mean sisters can be jealous but I think Sica was a little excessive…”

“She was wasn’t she? I never really thought about it until we got together… But now that she’s promised not to misbehave anymore, I kind of miss it…”

She curled her fingers at me. “Oh, that’s so mushy!”

“I know… I never thought I would be such a sap…”

“So she didn’t complain when you told her you were meeting me?” she smirked. Even she knew that Jessie was that easy to tease.

“Actually, she found out from Tiffany unni and she did throw a fit at first but I, uhm… played to my strength and her weakness…” I grinned. “We sorted it out though and she realized that she’s been a little crazy so she promised to back off.”

“So I was right… you do “wear the pants” in the relationship…” she poked fun at me.

“No way! That’s Jessie! She just always lets me have the last word because she loves me… I’m totally pampered.”

This time she pretended to shiver. “You’re giving me goosebumps! You two are too much!”

“You should find yourself someone too, unni!”

“Me? Yeah, well… It’s not like I’m not looking… but I’ve only ever felt that way for one person…”

“Really? Who?”

She hesitated.

“Eiii… unni, you can tell me… You know my deepest, darkest secret…”

She just kept quiet.

“Okay fine… you don’t have to tell me who it is… But whatever happened to that person? Do you two still keep in contact?” I wondered.

“We’ve been best friends since middle school…” she said so casually that I almost didn’t realize what she was revealing.

But within a second my brain processed what she had said and then I realized… she was talking about Tiffany unni! I started choke on the water I was drinking.

“Unni! Are you saying what I think you’re saying?!” I asked.

“What do you think I’m saying?” she answered with a question.

“Are you talking about Tiffany unni?!”

“I knew from the moment I met her that she was the one for me…” she said melancholically.

“Then why haven’t you told her?!”

“I didn’t know how to… Now it’s been too long… we’re stuck being best friends forever…”

“Why? You should just tell her, unni! She might feel the same way…”

“No… I’m pretty sure she likes someone else…”

Well, she did have feelings for Jessie but they’ve already sorted that out…

“But, you’ll never know if you don’t do something about it.”

“I’ve already made my peace with it. Besides if she felt the same way, I would have known.”

Ugh! Why is she being so stubborn?!

“So you’re just going to stand by and watch her end up with someone else?” I persisted.

“As long as she’s happy…”

“Come on unni! You’ve got to take a chance… If Jessie and I can end up together, anything can happen…”

“That’s different… You two have obviously had feelings for each other for a long time now. Mine, on the other hand is one sided…”

“You can’t know for sure…”

“Trust me, if she had any feelings towards me that were more than friendship, I would have definitely known about it.”

“But unni…” I protested but she stopped me.

“Let’s not discuss this anymore, Krystal… It’s all in the past…” she convinced herself.

“Fine… but let me just ask you one last question… Do you still have feelings for her?!”

She didn’t have to answer; I already knew the answer would be yes.

I decided to let it go for now… but I knew I had to do something about it…