Truth Will Out

Entangled

(Taeyeon’s POV)

What a coincidence that Fany and Sica ended up at this restaurant. I don’t know why I didn’t think about it before but it wasn’t that big of a coincidence since it was Fany’s favorite place.

It would’ve been nice if we all sat together but Krystal didn’t want to and neither did Sica. When it came down to it though… The both of them obviously wanted to sit together. Sica was looking over the entire time while Krystal kept waving back at her which obviously meant that she was watching Sica too.

We were almost done with dinner when Sica came over and took Krystal away. It happened so abruptly that I froze. Even after they left, I was still sitting at the table wondering what to do next.

Suddenly, Fany comes over and sits down where Krystal was sitting before.

“Hey, sorry about that… I didn’t realized that she would take Krystal with her…” Fany apologize even though she had nothing to apologize for.

“It’s not your fault… and I don’t blame those two either… It must be hard on them…”

“Why?”

“I mean… it’s been a difficult week for them…”

“Oh… right… with the incident and all…”

“Did you finish your meal?” I asked her.

“I couldn’t…”

“Do you want to join me?”

“Uhm… really? Aren’t you done?”

“I can make room… No point in letting the night go to waste…”

So she moved over to my table and we finished our meal together…


(Krystal’s POV)

I was angry, scared, horrified, in shock, and completely confused.

I couldn’t be in the same room as Jessie after she…

What was I supposed to do? I couldn’t even believe that I slapped her… I slapped my big sister… But she… she…

I don’t understand… Why? Why did she do it? Why did she… KISS ME?! And why did I slap her? If anything, I thought I would be over the moon if Jessie ever kissed me… but the slap was like a reflex; I didn’t mean it.

So I ran… I ran because I was embarrassed. I ran because I was afraid. I ran because I couldn’t face her. I ran because I actually wanted to kiss her back! Even though I know I shouldn’t…

I wasn’t sure where to go so I just hopped onto a bus. I didn’t care where I was going, I just needed some time to think and figure out my feelings.

However, my phone was set ablaze with missed calls and text messages. I knew they were all from Jessie.

I listened to one of her voice messages. “Kryssie… Where are you? Please just let me explain myself. Then you can be angry with me all you want. I… I… I don’t regret what I did… Please come home, Kryssie…”

I took a look at one of the texts. “Kryssie, please come home. I beg you! I can explain everything. Just come home!”

What can she possibly say? It was a mistake…

But even at this point, I was worried about Jessie… I felt really guilty. I promised her that if she ever asked me to come back to her, I would but now I couldn’t. I had left her without a word and I know that she must be worried about me too but I wasn’t ready to go home yet… so I turned my phone off.


(Jessica’s POV)

Why are you so weak Jessica?! Why couldn’t you just hold it in…? At least tell her the truth first…

I tried calling her multiple times but she wouldn’t pick up, so I left her voices messages.

I sent her so many texts that my fingers were hurting but she didn’t reply. I didn’t even know if she read any of them…

I decided to drive around the neighborhood to see if I could find her but… nothing… So I expanded my search to anywhere I thought she might be. Still she was nowhere to be found.

After over an hour of driving around, I decided to return home to wait for her… I wanted to be there when she came home… I know she will come home!

I waited for another hour but she still hasn’t come home. I tried calling her again but her phone was now turned off. I didn’t know what to do anymore…

Should I call Taeyeon? Maybe she knows where Kryssie is…

I was nervous about calling Taeyeon because if she did actually know where Kryssie was… it meant that Kryssie would rather talk to Taeyeon than me. But I had no choice; I was desperate.

“Taeyeon-shi, this might sound like a strange question but… have you heard from Kryssie?” I asked immediately after she answered my call.

“Didn’t you guys go home together?” she asked, confused.

“So you haven’t talked to her since?”

“No. What’s going on Sica?” She sounded genuinely concerned.

“I screwed up Taeyeon… I screwed up really bad… She ran away… she’s not picking up my calls… she’s not answering my texts… I don’t know what to do…” I couldn’t hold back my tears anymore. I broke down to her.

“Calm down, Sica! Just tell me what happened… Did you tell her…? About the secret you’ve been keeping?”

“It’s worse Taeyeon… It’s WORSE…”

There was a long pause. “Did you tell her about your feelings for her?”

I was shocked. Is she asking what I think she’s asking? “W-What do you mean?”

“You love your sister… do you not?”

“Of course…”

“No. I mean… You’re IN LOVE with your sister… are you not?”

I almost died of horror when I heard her say it.

“H-How…? I mean… NO!”

“You don’t have to deny it Sica… I’m not here to judge…”

There was something about Taeyeon that you just feel comfortable sharing your deepest secrets.

“B-But… h-how did you know?!”

I didn’t even know it myself until recently…

“I had a feeling… It’s quite obvious really…”

“Does Tiff know?!”

“I don’t know… but I don’t think so…”

“Ohmigod! I can’t believe this is happening!”

“Wait, so what happened?”

“I…” I hesitated, wondering if I should really tell her about what I did. “I did something unspeakable, Taeyeon!”

“Whatever it is… it can’t be that bad…”

“I didn’t actually tell her about my feelings…”

“Okay… so…?”

“I… I kissed her… In a moment of weakness, I couldn’t help myself and I kissed her…” I confessed.

I waited for her to gasp or freak out or give me a nasty remark… but there was only silence.

“So what happened after that?” she asked calmly.

“She slapped me and she ran out the door… I’ve been trying to track her down since…”

“She slapped you?! That doesn’t make sense…”

“Why doesn’t it make sense?”

“Because I’m pretty sure she likes you too…”

“WHAT?! How did you know that too?”

“Wait! So you already know?! Then why on earth haven’t you said anything?! Why are you two torturing yourselves?”

“She’s my sister Taeyeon! This isn’t right…”

“Why does it matter? You’re not even technically related by blood… and even if you were… you love each other, that’s all that matters…”

“It’s not that simple, Taeyeon. Even if she isn’t really my sister biologically, doesn’t mean that it’s socially acceptable.”

Suddenly my room door slammed open.

Standing at the entrance to my room was Krystal with a horrified look on her face mixed with anger and confusion.

“W-What do you mean I’m not your biological sister?!”


(Back track…)

(Krystal’s POV)

I replayed what happened over and over again in my head.

I still couldn’t make sense of it… Why would she kiss me?

But then again, I kissed her too… that night… But I was drunk and I had feelings for her…

Ohmigod! Could it be? No… it’s impossible… Jessie couldn’t possibly have feelings for me too? Is that what she was talking about? The reason why she was jealous of Taeyeon unni? I have to find out! I have to tell her!

I have to go home…!


(Back to present…)

(Jessica’s POV)

“Kryssie! W-When did you get home?”

Oh ! Why didn’t I hear her get home?!

“Don’t even try to change the subject! WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!” she demanded.

“Kryssie, this was what I wanted to explain… but I didn’t want you to hear it like this…”

“What? You mean like how I decided to come home and tell you that I was in love with you and that I was tormented because you’re my sister, only to find out that you aren’t really actually my sister?! I’m such an idiot!”

I reached out for her because I didn’t want her to run away again but she stepped back to avoid me.

“Don’t touch me!” she said coldly. “I hate you!”

It was the first time that I felt truly hurt.

She ran for her room and locked her door behind her.

“Taeyeon, I have to go!” I said into the phone, hung up, and dropped it on my bed.

I went over to her room and started banging on the door.

“Kryssie, we need to talk about this! Please, come out! You need to hear the real truth!” I yelled.

“Go away! I don’t want to hear it!” she yelled back.

“But you don’t even know the whole truth!”

“Fine, so tell me!”

“Not like this! Let me in… and I’ll tell you!”

There was a really long moment of silence.

I was almost going to throw in the towel when I heard the lock on the door click.

I tried the handle and indeed it was unlocked.

I stepped into her room where she was sitting on her bed, facing away from me, arms folded.

“So tell me… What’s the whole truth? Am I adopted? Of course I am… you look exactly like mom so it has to be me…”

“Are you stupid?! You look like dad! And besides you saw those pictures of mom pregnant with you…!” I scolded her.

“What did you just call me?! If I’m not adopted… then what?”

“We’re both only one half of mom and dad… They had trouble conceiving so they used a donor for me and then an egg donor for you… Do you get it now?”

It took a while for it to sink in.

“Wait… so you’re saying you’re not related to me or dad, and I’m not related to you or mom?!”

“Of course we’re still related! Mom and dad are still married, no?! You and I are still sisters, no?!”

“How long have you known about this?” she asked.

“Since you were 5. Do you still not remember what happened?”

“Something happened? What?”

“It doesn’t matter now. The point is… I’m sorry I kept it from you for so long but it was mom and dad’s wish. But just so you know… it wasn’t easy for me to keep this news from you… It was agonizing to say the least.”

“Ugh! I’m so confused! I don’t know what to think anymore…” she let out in frustration.

“Now you can be mad all you want… but please don’t say you hate me… It hurts me a lot when you say that…” I told her.

“I don’t hate you, Jessie… I didn’t mean what I said… and I didn’t mean to slap you… I’m sorry…”

“No. You had every right to do so… but there’s something else you need to know Kryssie…”

“There’s something I need to tell you too…”

“No, me first…”

“No! Me first!”

“I have feelings for you!” we both said at the same time.

I already knew about her feelings for me but my news was new to her.

She was obviously in shock. She just stood there staring at me.

I walked up to her and I took her hands into mine.

“Kryssie, on some level I’ve always loved you as more than just a sister. I know that sounds wrong but I’ve only ever felt this way for one person… and that’s you. But I promised to protect you no matter what. So if you don’t want this… If you think that this is wrong and that we shouldn’t cross this line… tell me now and I will forget everything that’s been said tonight.”

“I-I don’t know, Jessie… This is all so sudden… I just can’t…”

It broke my heart a little but I guess she couldn’t accept the fact…

I let go of her. “I understand…” I said reluctantly.

I turned around and walked towards the door. Just as I was about to open it, her hand reached over mine and blocked me from opening the door.

“K-Kryssie…?”

“I don’t want you to go, Jessie…”

And the moment she said that, I couldn’t hold it in any longer. I grabbed her by the nape of her neck and pulled her in for a kiss. She didn’t resist. In fact she kissed me back. I felt my heart rejoice. I wrapped my other arm around her waist and pulled her in even closer. I tilted my head for a better angle and our kiss intensified. I felt her hands run up my back and then her fingers ran through my hair before resting at the back of my head. Then she used her height as leverage, leaning back so that she could lift me up slightly and close any gap that we had between us.

It was obvious that we both had been wanting this so badly. Words couldn’t begin to express how happy I was. It was everything I had hoped for and more.

Damn! This rascal is a good kisser!

When I tried pulling away for air, she would hardly let me go before pulling me back in again…