Revelation

Entangled

Author's Note: I don't know how many of you follow Jess on Weibo but this is what she posted for Soojung's birthday... Is this not the sweetest thing EVER?! She loves her sister way too much... kekekeke! >.<


(Jessica’s POV)

By the time Kryssie and I managed to get ourselves together, we should have already left home but we were just getting ready.

“Aish! I told you we would be late… God, I’m such a mess right now…” I complained out loud as I ran back to my room to get changed.

“Hey, stop complaining! You share the blame too… I didn’t hear you complaining earlier!” she hollered back from her room.

“You know I’m totally weak against you…” I mumbled to myself.

“Did you say something?!” she asked.

“No! Just hurry up… we need to get going!” I yelled back.

This is exactly why couples shouldn’t live together so early in their relationship…! How are they supposed to keep their hands off each other?!

I ran around like a crazy person trying to gather all my stuff when Kryssie walked out casually looking oh-so-cool.

“I’m ready… Let’s go…” she said.

“What? How did you-? But I still need-!” My mind was in a jumble. I couldn’t figure out what I needed to get done first.

“Are you still not ready?” she asked as if an hour had already pass and I was still not ready when it had been only about 5 minutes.

“No…! I don’t even know what to wear…!”

“Calm down, Jessie…” she told me as she walked into my room.

She quickly picked out an outfit and laid it on the bed.

“There. Get changed. I’ll get your stuff together,” she told me as she grabbed my phone.

“What are you doing with my phone?” I asked as I started changing.

“I’m texting Tiffany unni to tell her you’ll be late,” she said.

How is it that she is so collected?! I didn’t even think of texting Tiff.

“Okay, she said it’s fine,” she commented after receiving a reply from Tiff.

Then she started going around my room collecting my stuff and shoving them into my bag. I watched her in awe as she got me ready to leave. The way she took care of me made me feel like we were a married couple… and also in the way we fought and made up…

“Done! You ready yet?” She handed me my bag.

“Thanks, Kryssie! You have the keys?”

She held out her hand with the keys in it. “Anything else?”

“Yes,” I said as I pulled her by the hand towards me. I gave her a quick peck on the lips. “I love you.”

She didn’t really give any reaction which was a little disheartening.

She brushed and fixed my hair with her hands.

It was funny that she was sometimes cute and playful like a little kid while other times she was so demure and serious as if she were the older one.

“We’ve got to get going,” she said when she was done fixing my hair.

We hurried out and I dropped her off first.

“Jessie, I’m going to meet up with Taeyeon unni for dinner tonight. Do you mind?” she asked as we pulled up to the entrance.

“No, that’s fine. Text me if you’re coming home late, okay?” I told her. I didn’t make a fuss as I had promised.

“Don’t worry. I won’t be too late. I’ll see you when I get back.”

I nodded.

She got out of the car and I watched her walk around the car and towards the entrance.

Then she turned around and knocked on my window.

I lowered it.

“Is there something else?” I asked.

“Yes.” She gave me a gentle kiss. “I love you more.”

For a second I kind of panicked and looked around to check if anyone saw us but I relaxed when I realized there was no one around especially since classes were already in session.

She gave me a smile and then headed back towards school.

Aish! This rascal really knows how to drive me crazy!

When I got to the office, I was panting from having ran from where I parked the car. Tiff was sitting at her desk looking very solemn.

“I’m so, so sorry! Anything important?” I apologized as I plopped myself down at my desk.

“Not really… Just the usually stuff. So why are you late this time?” she asked without looking up from her desk.

“Uhm… you know… just one of those days… Both Kryssie and I had trouble getting out of bed…” I told her. Technically, I wasn’t lying.

“Okay…” she responded, sounding uninterested.

“What’s wrong Tiff? You mad at me or something? Because if you are, you should just tell me…” I asked since she was so glum.

“No. Why would you think that?” she asked in return.

“Girl, you’re covered in negative aura…” I answered.

“You’re exaggerating…”

“Well, then what’s the matter?”

“Nothing really. I don’t even know myself… Anyway, how did you and Krystal get along last night?”

“Fine… Why?”

“Oh, just front the way you reacted when I told you about her and Taeyeon’s plan to meet up, I thought you two would get into an argument again…”

“Nope. It’s nothing to argue about… I’m not sticking my nose in their “thing” anymore.”

“Oh, okay… So you’re fine with them getting together?”

“Yeah. In fact, Kryssie told me that they’re meeting tonight, so I’m free if you want to do dinner…” I told her.

“Oh, really? Taeyeon mentioned she won’t be home for dinner but she didn’t say she was going out with Krystal.”

“Well, Kryssie only told me earlier when I dropped her off at school…”

“I see… Did Krystal mention where they were going?”

“No. Why?”

“No reason… I was just curious.”

She sounded awfully suspicious. It kind of reminded me of me when I was feeling jealous of Taeyeon.

Gasp! Is she jealous of Taeyeon too?!

“What’s with all the questions, Tiff? You like my baby sister or something?” I questioned, partly joking.

“It’s not her that I like…” she muttered but I heard her loud and clear.

“Ohmigod, Tiff! You like Taeyeon?!” It was the only conclusion I came to.

Her eyes widened in horror when she realized what she had accidentally revealed.

“I-I don’t know… I just know that the thought of her dating Krystal drives me insane as compared to you rejecting me…” she confessed.

“Wow, Tiff… Only yesterday you were telling me you had feelings for me but now you’re telling me you actually have stronger feelings for Taeyeon? Thanks…” I joked.

“I didn’t mean it like that… It’s just that, for so long I’ve only known that I had a crush on you but with Taeyeon, I’ve only known her to be my best friend… But now that I see her take such an interest in someone, let alone Krystal, I think I’m… I think I’m actually jealous… and I can’t seem to get over that feeling!”

“Ohmigod! This is HUGE!” I exclaimed.

“I can’t believe I’m telling you this! I don’t even know what this all means…” I could tell she was confused and overwhelmed.

“Well… in my opinion, you’ve got your feelings mixed up. You thought you had a crush on me but obviously those feelings weren’t really that strong since my rejection didn’t really affect you that much but you seem to be really shaken up by Taeyeon… You need to tell her!”

“But we’ve been in the friend zone for too long now… There’s no way she feels the same way about me… Besides, she’s with Krystal now…”

“What?! No. I can tell you she and Kryssie have nothing going on.”

“But I thought… Are you sure? How do you know?”

“Trust me. I just know. I’ve talked to Kryssie about this too many times.”

I felt a little guilty from having to keep the fact that Kryssie and I were together from her. Even though we’ve known each other for so long, I wasn’t sure if she would be able to accept the news as well as Taeyeon did. Honestly, I was sure that Taeyeon accepted the fact so well for the exact reason that she hasn’t known us for that long.

“Even so, there’s no way I can tell her… There’s no way she will like me back… Things will get awkward… I’ll lose my best friend,” she convinced herself.

“But what if she does? You’ll never know if you don’t give it a shot…”

“I-I don’t know if I can do it… There’s just too much at risk…”

“Would you rather spend your entire life wondering “what if” and watch her eventually end up with someone else? You were brave enough to confess to me… why not Taeyeon?” I asked, hoping that she would find some courage for herself.

“But I don’t even know if I like her like that… maybe I’m just jealous that she’s paying someone else so much attention…”

I was sure that she definitely had romantic feelings for Taeyeon because the way she’s feeling right now was how I felt about Kryssie. But I couldn’t tell her that…

“Then you need to sort out your feelings… But do it quick. You won’t know when your chance will slip away and then you’ll regret it,” I advised her.

“But how am I supposed to do that?” she asked with desperation in her voice.

“Unfortunately, that you’ll have to figure out on your own…” I told her.