Prologue: TaeNy

Entangled

(Taeyeon’s POV)

Ugh… I’m so bored. Why isn’t there anyone around when it’s my day off?!

I was just in my room… lying in bed… staring at the ceiling… When I’m working, I want a day off but when I get a day off, I get restless. The day off came in last minute when our schedule got cancelled, so I didn’t have that much time to make any plans. The other members went home to spend time with their families and so did I but unbeknownst to me, my family had already made other plans. It was a shame; I would have loved to spend some time with my big brother and baby sister. She was growing up so fast and I was missing it because of my busy schedule.

Hmmm… I wonder what Fany is doing…

Since she didn’t have family in Korea, she lives in the dorm on her own when we were all back home. When I wasn’t at the dorm, I would worry about her all the time. Was she lonely? Did she eat? Did she get home safe? I made sure to text her periodically to check in with her. Maybe I was a little overprotective but she was my best friend, my Fany… I just couldn’t help myself.

I took out my phone and shot her a text. “Fany-ah, what are you up to? Do you have plans for today?”

I waited awhile but there was no reply.

“Why isn’t she replying? What could she possibly be doing?” I directed my question to Ginger who was preoccupying himself with one of his chew toys, completely ignoring me.

“You’re ignoring me too? Fine… everyone’s enjoying themselves except for poor Taengoo…”

Just then my doorbell rang.

That’s weird… I’m not expecting anyone.

I dragged myself to the door and opened it cautiously.

“Taeyeon-ah! I got your text!” It was the unmistakable, loud voice of my one and only mushroom. Even Ginger could recognize her voice and immediately came running out to greet her.

“Oh, Fany-ah… What are you doing here?” I asked still a little surprised by her sudden appearance at my doorstep.

She invited herself in, immediately gave me a quick hug to say hello and gave Ginger a pat on the head to acknowledge his presence in which he started wagging his short little tail in approval.

“Tch! You don’t think I know when I’m needed? I thought you could do with some company,” she replied while flashing me one of her lovely eye-smiles.

“Why couldn’t you just text me back like a normal person?” I sighed at her, although I didn’t exactly hate the fact that she came to me instead. “I was waiting for your reply…”

“Eiii… When my Taeyeonie needs me, I’m not just going to sit around and text her… I’m going to go to her immediately. Besides, I was already thinking of coming over,” she giggled.

“And you just assumed that I would be home?”

“Duh! Otherwise you won’t be texting me, asking what I was up to…”

I thought that was a little presumptuous of her but she did have a point.

“Well now that you’re here… what do you want to do?” I asked.

“Uhm… I didn’t think that far ahead…”

Typical Fany… she’s so silly sometimes.

“What were you planning on doing?” she asked me back.

“Nothing… Probably just hang around. Maybe do some drawing, watch some TV, play with Ginger…”

Basically I was listing things that I could do at home. I wanted to do something but I wasn’t really in the mood for doing stuff alone.

“Hmmm… okay then, I’ll just hang here with you,” she said as she plopped herself onto the couch. She tapped on her lap, signaling for Ginger to go to her.

“Well actually I was hoping you had something in mind… I’m bored to death,” I told her.

“Shall we go out, Ginger-ah?”

Ginger was receiving all her attention which made me a little jealous.

What about me?!

“Do you want to take Ginger out for a walk? We can go to the park near here. It should be pretty quite around this time,” I suggested since she seemed to be more interested in playing with Ginger than hanging out with me.

“Oooooo… sounds like fun, doesn’t it boy? Do you want to go to play in the park?” She was now making all sorts of cute faces at Ginger who was enthusiastically chasing around in circles.

“Yah, are you here for me or for Ginger?!” I asked rhetorically.

I crossed my arms and gave her a dirty look. I had finally had enough of being ignored.

She stood up so that she was now facing me and pinched my cheek. “Oh, look at my cute little jealous Taengoo. I’m here for you of course, you silly. But Ginger is half my son too so I should at least give him some affection,” she winked.

It wasn’t fair. How was I supposed to stay mad at her when she looked at me like that? She knew I couldn’t resist her charms even if they drove me crazy sometimes. Ever since we’ve known each other, she’s had a hold over me like no other. Did I hate it? Not exactly. It was more like I couldn’t fight it.

“How many times have I told you, I am not his umma, I’m his noona, okay…?” I responded trying to hide the fact that I was embarrassed that I had just been caught being jealous of my dog.

“Fine, whatever… The point is, since he’s yours, he’s half mine too. So, shall we go?”

“Just let me grab my stuff…”

We headed down the neighborhood towards the park. I took Ginger there often since it was close by and it was a nice place for him to play outside. I held Ginger’s leash with one hand while Tiffany held onto my other one and rested her head on my shoulder.

“Wae geurae?” I asked. It wasn’t that I wasn’t enjoying the affection, it was just a little unexpected.

“Nothing, it’s just felt like awhile since we spent some time, just the two of us,” she replied.

I leaned my head back on her. Obviously we saw each other all the time, after all our schedule has been packed recently. However, we hadn’t had any non-schedule related, quality time with just the two of us for awhile.

As we approached the park, she let go of my hand and ran ahead of me.

“Tae-Tae! Let’s go to the swings…” she yelled.

I couldn’t even respond before she bolted towards the playground. Seeing her run, Ginger chased after her, dragging me along with him. I didn’t know whether to think that she was cute or childish but being around her made me that way too.

“Hey, stop running. How old are you…?!” I called to her.

She didn’t bother responding; she just gestured for me to follow her.

By the time I got to the playground, she had already sat herself in a swing and started swinging without me.

“Taeyeon-ah, can you push me?” she asked

“You can swing yourself, why do you need me to push you?” I asked back.

She pouted. “Pwease! It’s more fun when someone else pushes…”

I sighed. She was definitely childish; still the little mushroom from when we first debuted.

I let Ginger off his leash so that he could run around. He was used to the park by now so I wasn’t too worried. Then I started pushing Fany sending her into a fit of giggles.

We’ve come so far since we debuted but she was still the same old Fany. It was times like this that reminded me of our trainee days; except that now, she was more precious to me than just a friend, but I wasn’t sure how she felt about me…

 

 

 

 

 


Author's Note: Sorry I've been updating so slowly. This week is a crazy week for me. Anyway this is the last of the prologues. Technically they have nothing really to do with the story, it's just basically how I see each relationship and their characteristics. I'm not sure when exactly I'll get to the next update but I just wanted to let you all know that I'm still definitely going ahead with the story. I'm not abandoning it. >.<