All's Fair in Love and War

Entangled

(Krystal’s POV)

Jessie and I had both settled on a plan we both could agree on and it was a go. The only thing about this plan was that it required some serious acting skills on both Jessie’s and my part. Our plan was like a house of cards and we had to be convincing, otherwise it would collapse upon itself. It was a lot of pressure…

“Are you ready to do this thing?” Jessie asked as she handed me my belongings.

“I hope so. Will you miss me?” I asked her.

She’d better say yes! Otherwise we will break up for real!

“I miss you every time you’re not right beside me… and even when you are, I miss you every time I close my eyes.”

Kyaaa! How can she be so cheesy and romantic at the same time?!

I got goosebumps just hearing her say that and my heart melted away. I gave her a quick hug.

“You’re so cheesy, Jessie… I can’t believe you just said that.”

“It’s the truth. I’m going to miss you so much! Who am I going to hold while I’m sleeping tonight?” she grinned.

“Why do you ALWAYS have to go there?! You’re such a !”

I was upset that she ruined such a beautiful moment so I turned away from her and collected the rest of my things.

She s her arms around my waist while I was facing away from her and pressed her head against my back.

“I was just joking about the last part but I meant everything else I said. My heart feels so empty every time you’re not around…” she said softly.

There she goes again… playing with my heart… but I willingly let her.

“I really hope that this won’t take too long… I can’t stand to be away from you, Jessie!”

I turned around so that I could hold onto her more tightly.

“Me too… Ugh! I change my mind! Let’s not do this…” she said while giving me one of her cutest pouts.

“And that’s my queue to get going before I change my mind too…”

But even as I said that, we both clung onto each other for dear life as if the world was about to end.

I decided to let go first because the longer I held on, the weaker my resolve got.

“Wish me luck…” I told her.

“Luck…” she replied. “Come back to me soon…” Then she gave me a tender kiss which only made it that much harder to go.

“Ugh! Why are we acting like this is forever? This is just pretend right?”

“It’s the only reason why I’m letting you go at all… Just go… go now before I really change my mind…”

I hurried towards the front door as she followed right behind me.

I opened the door and walked out, trying not to look back.

Then I remembered I forgot the most important thing… so I turned around and ran back to her.

I gave her one last kiss. “I love you,” I whispered as I pressed my forehead against hers.

I let out a heavy breath and walked out the door again.

“I love you more…” I heard her say as I closed the door behind me.


I arrived at Tiffany unni and Taeyeon unni’s place soon after. I had not let them know I was coming but that was all part of the plan. I stood at the door and collected my emotions. Then I rang the doorbell.

Tiffany unni answered the door. She was obviously surprised to see me.

Good! This will mess with her head even more…

“Krystal… What are you doing here?” she asked.

“Is Taeyeon unni here? I need to talk to her…” I asked.

“Uhm… yeah… come in…” She invited me in without any other questions. She was nice like that. “Taeyeonie! Krystal’s here to see you…” she shouted.

Taeyeon unni came out of her room almost immediately.

“Krystal?! What are you doing here?” she asked, just like Tiffany unni had.

I ran up to her and hugged her, holding onto her tightly.

I couldn’t see Tiffany unni’s reaction because my back was facing her but Taeyeon unni was definitely shocked.

“What’s wrong little one?” she said affectionately. I loved that Taeyeon unni was so dependable and trusting.

“Unni, I need to talk to you… alone…” I told her with a shake in my voice.

“O-Okay…” Then she turned to Tiffany unni. “Sorry, Fany. It’s kind of a personal matter…”

We entered her room and she locked the door.

I could only imagine what Tiffany unni was thinking at that moment. Now I just have to work Taeyeon unni.

“What’s wrong, Krystal? Is everything alright? Why are you here? What’s with all the stuff?” she asked with the speed of a bullet train.

Somehow, I managed to make myself cry. Actually it wasn’t that difficult. I just thought about Jessie, how much I missed her already and how it felt when she mentioned us breaking up. Tears began flowing.

“Ohmigod, Krystal! Seriously, what’s wrong?!” she asked in a hushed tone, obviously really worried but we both knew that Tiffany unni could possibly be listening through the door and she wasn’t supposed to know about Jessie and me.

“I can’t go home, unni… I can’t be around her anymore…”

“What are you talking about? Are you talking about Sica? Why? What happened?”

“I-I thought we were so happy… I thought she loved me… but I-I think… I think it’s over…”

“I don’t understand… What happened exactly? Why all of a sudden?”

“It’s… it’s all m-my fault… I pushed her too hard… She w-wanted to keep our relationship a secret b-but I w-was impatient and I-I wanted us to b-be a regular couple. She finally snapped a-and t-told me to b-back off… I-I think she wants to b-break up…” I cried really hard.

“No… I’m sure she didn’t mean that. I mean… your relationship is a difficult one. But I’m sure she still loves you. I’m sure you two can work it out…”

Poor Taeyeon unni. I feel bad for having to lie to her like this because she was so sincerely worried for me.

“I-I don’t know… b-but I can’t s-stay at home tonight… It’s just too d-difficult. Please, c-can I stay here for the time b-being? Please, unni, please…”

She looked at me with eyes full of sympathy. I knew then that she had bought my story and wouldn’t be able to say no.

“I’ll just have to check with Tiffany but I’m sure it’ll be fine. But what should I tell her is she asked why?”

“J-Just tell her that Jessie and I f-fought… and that I c-can’t go h-home tonight…” I told her, still sobbing.

“I’ll be right back…”

She left me to wait in her room while she went to check with Tiffany unni. She came back not long after.

“You’re fine… You can stay the night…”

“T-Thanks, unni…”

“I think you need to really talk it out with Sica tomorrow though…”

“I-I can’t! W-What if she really w-wanted to b-break up? H-How am I supposed t-to face h-her after that?”

“You know what… I can’t believe Sica would do this to you! I’ll talk to her for you! First thing tomorrow, I’m bringing you home…” she replied with determination.


(Tiffany’s POV)

Why is Krystal here and what is going between her and Taeyeon? Why do they have to lock themselves in her room?!

I tried listening through the door but I couldn’t hear anything. I was desperate to know what was going on.

After awhile, Taeyeon came out of her room.

“What’s going on?” I asked her.

“Hey, you wouldn’t mind if Krystal spent the night would you? If it’s an issue, she can just sleep in my room…” she said.

I obviously didn’t want them sleeping in the same room.

“No, no! I don’t mind… she can sleep on the couch if she likes. But why?”

“I’m not too sure… something about Sica and her fighting…”

“Oh… uhm… okay…”

“Great, thanks.” She ended the conversation and went back into her room.

Meanwhile, I was still confused as to what was going on so I decided to give Jess a call.

“Hey, Jess… It’s Tiff. Did you know that Krystal is over at my place? Well, technically she came to see Taeyeon…”

“Unreal! I can’t believe she actually went running to Taeyeon… Ugh! What a brat!” she replied angrily.

So, it’s true… they did have some kind of a fight…

“What are you two fighting about this time?” I asked.

“Ugh! It’s nothing… She has to learn to grow up! She can’t always get everything she wants…”

Woah! It must be bad because Jess always gave in to Krystal but she’s holding firm this time…

“Uhm… okay… well… I just wanted to make sure you knew she was spending the night…” I told her.

“Tch! I can’t believe she really ran to Taeyeon… Tiff, you better keep an eye on those two if you want Taeyeon for yourself,” she said.

“Jess… it’s not like that… I mean… I love Taeyeon but I’m not going to spy on her or manipulate her for my own gains…”

“Well, whatever the case is… Kryssie seems to be throwing herself at Taeyeon… I don’t know what that means for you.”

“Right… yes, well… I’ll talk to you later I guess… Nite…”

“Bye!”

She hung up just like that.

I had never heard Jess speak about Krystal that way… It has to be something serious so I decided not to pry anymore.

Krystal got settled in and to my relief, decided she would rather sleep on the couch. I gladly obliged.

She fell asleep pretty quickly and then I realized that her eyes were slightly puffy. She must have been crying.

Taeyeon walked over to her and tucked her in, making sure that she was cover with the blanket.

“Tomorrow is a new day, little one. Sweet dreams…” she whispered to Krystal, even though Krystal was already asleep. Then she leaned down and kissed her on the forehead.

When I saw that I had a huge pang of jealousy.

I just knew I had to break those two apart no matter what… I completely forgot what I had said to Jess about not using dirty tactics… All’s fair in love and war…