Breaking News

Entangled

(Jessica’s POV)

Unreal! This rascal has got me wrapped around her finger… but as long as she was happy, I was happy too. Now that everything was out in the open, we were back to our usually selves. We didn’t have to avoid each other or be awkward around each other anymore. We didn’t have to hide anything from each other anymore. We didn’t have to hold back our feelings from each other anymore. Although… it would be nice if she’d let me win once in awhile… The only problem now is how do we explain it to everyone we know let alone mom and dad…? But at least we don’t have to deal with that for awhile.

I wonder if all this would have happened if mom and dad were around…

It would have been messier but I was pretty sure we would have still ended up here. Some feelings are just too strong to deny.

When we got back from our first date, I was totally giddy from happiness even if she was playing me like a fiddle. I sat myself down on the couch and the TV. Kryssie on the other hand headed straight for her room.

I laughed to myself thinking about how we were already like a proper couple; we were all lovey dovey during the date but when we got home we just went about doing our own stuff.

Just as the thought crossed my mind, she came back out, having changed into her house clothes, and sat herself down next to me, laying her head on my lap.

She started playing with my free hand while I flipped through the channels.

“Jessie… we have a problem…” she said nonchalantly.

“What’s up baby?” I replied, trying to be cute.

“Errr… don’t do that…”

“No? Doesn’t suit me does it?”

“Nope.”

We both laughed.

“So I guess pet names are out…”

“I like being called Kryssie anyway… Why? Did you want a pet name? What did you want me to call you? Baby? Sweetie? Shorty? Unni?”

I cringed at hearing all of them…

“Andwae! Especially NOT shorty or unni! I don’t even like it when you called me unni before AND… I’m not short…!” I sulked.

She chuckled mockingly.

I gave her a noogie as punishment.

“So anyway, what were you going to say?” I asked.

“Right… uhm… so… are we going to keep this hush hush?”

“Are you ready to face the consequences? I’ll do whatever you want…”

“Don’t get me wrong… I don’t want to hide it; there’s nothing to be ashamed of but… I don’t want others to judge us.”

“I understand. We don’t have to hide it but we don’t have to proclaim it to the world either. We’ll just be… careful,” I told her.

“You’re not mad?”

“No… of course not. I don’t want this relationship to be a burden.”

“You’re the best, Jessie!” she exclaimed as she kissed my hand.

“You know… there IS someone who already knows and doesn’t seem to think this is wrong…” I suggested.

“Taeyeon unni?”

I nodded.

“How did she know? I didn’t mention it was you…” she wondered.

“I’m not too sure myself… She said it was obvious…” I shrugged. “Which reminds me… I kind of just hung up on her when you barged into my room last night…”

I blushed a little just thinking about the kiss we had. I desperately wanted to do it again.

Where did the rascal even learn to kiss like that?!

“Should we call her back? If we’re going to tell anyone first, she’ll definitely understand…” Kryssie suggested.

“Well I definitely need to explain myself… I’ve been a little hostile towards her haven’t I?”

“You think…!” She shook her head at me. “What am I to do with you…?”

I stuck my tongue out at her. “So you’ve never been jealous about me?”

She just kept quiet.

“HAH! See… I’m not the only one…” I mocked. “Would you rather I not care…?” I raised my eye brow at her.

“Of course not!” She bolted upright. “But you could be a little nicer to Taeyeon unni… I know you think she’s a nice person too…”

“Guilty… I know, I know… She’s been so nice to me too…” I admitted.

She grabbed her phone and hit speed dial number 5.

“She’s speed dial number 5?! You barely know her!” I exclaimed.

She immediately cancelled the call and hit speed dial number 1. My phone started to ring.

“Happy?” she smirked.

“I hate you!”

“No you don’t.” She gave me a peck on the cheek and dialed Taeyeon again.

“Hi, unni! Someone wants to talk to you.” She shoved the phone in my hand.

“Krystal?” Taeyeon greeted.

“H-Hey Taeyeon-shi, it’s Jessica here…” I answered.

“Oh, Jessica-shi! How are you?”

“I’m good…”

“So, did you resolve your problem?” she asked.

“Uhm, yeah… about that… I finally told her everything last night…” I confessed.

“Unni… how did you know?” Kryssie yelled into the phone.

“Yah! Stop yelling… I’m going to go deaf!” I scolded Kryssie.

“Hang on Taeyeon, I’m going to put you on speaker…” I told Taeyeon.

I heard her laugh from the other end.

“There… now you don’t have to shout,” I said to Kryssie.

“So unni… how did you know?” Kryssie asked again.

“I just had a feeling… I mean, you guys weren’t exactly that discrete about how you feel towards each other,” Taeyeon replied.

Kryssie and I gave each other a slightly concerned look.

If she knew… who else knows?!

“And that night you came to talk to me… I was pretty sure… You’re not very good at hiding your feelings, my little one…” she added.

“Yah, yah! I’m right here…!” I said out loud.

Kryssie poked me in the side.

“Ignore her, unni…” Kryssie said.

I gave Kryssie a dirty look.

She smiled back innocently at me.

“So... did something happen? Did you guys…”

“Ohmigod, unni! You and Jessie are both erts…!” Kryssie exclaimed in disgust.

“Eiii… We’re all adults here… There’s nothing to be embarrassed about…” Taeyeon teased.

“Nothing happened okay… I’m not like you two! But seriously… unni, you don’t think this is too weird?”

“It IS weird! You guys are sick!”

“REALLY?!” Kryssie asked in horror.

Taeyeon chuckled. “I’m just joking… It doesn’t bother me…”

“Unni…! You almost gave me a heart attack…!” Kryssie whined.

“Yah, yah! You two… do I not exist?!” I felt a little left out of the conversation.

“Sorry, Sica… I’m happy for you...!”

“Actually… I should really apologize for how I’ve been behaving. I don’t mean to be so hostile towards you… I was just… a little jealous,” I admitted reluctantly.

“It’s okay… I knew… I understand. But if you two ever break up… You should give me a call, my little one…”

 “What?!” I yelled out loud. “Don’t you try to be flirting with my-“

Kryssie slapped her hand over my mouth.

“Okay… bye, unni! I’ll talk to you soon!”

The sound of Taeyeon’s laughter was the last thing that was heard over the phone before Kryssie hung up.

I pulled her hand off of my mouth.

“Yah! I wasn’t done! How dare she-“ I started complaining.

But before I could finish my sentence, she pushed me down onto the couch and pressed her lips against mine.

I was shocked but it wasn’t enough to calm me down. I broke the kiss.

“This isn’t going to-“ I started again.

She cut me off again as she planted another kiss on my lips.

I pushed her back so I could speak again.

“You can’t just-”

And she kissed me yet again, pinning my hands down so I couldn’t push her away.

This time I stopped struggling and surrendered to her.

She pulled away after I calmed down.

“Seriously Jessie?!” she sighed and shook her head disapprovingly at me. “Feel better?”

She started to get off of me.

“I haven’t forgiven you yet…” I told her as I pulled her back into a full on make-out session…