Affirmation

Entangled

(Krystal’s POV)

I woke up the next morning with Jessie sleeping beside me.

Ohmigod! So I’m really not dreaming… We…

No. We didn’t do anything aside from the kiss but she did spend the night in my bed.

I watched her sleep like a little baby; she was so precious. It was a weird feeling because despite the many times I’ve slept in hers, it was the first time she’s slept in my bed. Then I thought back to what happened the night before.

Jessie kissed me.

I slapped her and ran away.

When I came back, I overheard her phone conversation with Taeyeon unni.

Jessie and I are not biologically related.

I told Jessie my feelings.

She felt the same way!

She kissed me again! I had to do a double take on that one… I couldn’t believe it.

I kissed her back!

I my lips as I remembered the taste of her kiss. It tasted like… longing…

I still had so many questions for her but the fact is… It wouldn’t matter what answers she gave me, just as long as she didn’t want to take it all back, because I didn’t. I don’t regret any of it. I know exactly what it meant when I kissed her back. In a way, we were playing with fire but I didn’t care. I was willing to give everything up for her despite what others might think of me.

But that was all conjecture. I wasn’t even sure what last night meant to Jessie; if she regretted it; if it was just a mistake. If that was the case, I didn’t know how I would let her go.

I traced my fingers against her face lightly; I didn’t want to wake her. Even when she was sleeping, she was beautiful. I looked at her lips and felt really tempted to steal a kiss from her. As I leaned in, I felt my heart beat faster.

Why does it still feel like I’m trying to hide my feelings from her?

I gave her a light kiss and pulled back quickly in case she woke up.

I should get out of bed before she wakes up… maybe I’ll  make some breakfast…

 She still had her arm over me so I carefully shifted it and slipped out of the covers.

“Where do you think you’re going?”

I was so surprised I tripped over myself and fell at the foot of the bed.

“O-Oh! J-Jessie… Y-You’re awake…” I stuttered.

I felt really embarrassed so I snatched the covers and pulled them over my head to hide my face.

“You can’t keep stealing kisses from me and then pretend nothing happened…”

“When did I…?” I tried to play it off…

“At least this time you don’t smell like alcohol…” she said as she pulled the covers off of me.

“Jessie! You know about that?! Does that mean…?!”

I couldn’t believe it… How many secrets is she hiding from me?!

“Yes… I’m sorry I couldn’t tell you. I thought it was for the better…”

“That’s so unfair, Jessie…! You’ve been keeping so many secrets from me but I know nothing…”

“I’m sorry, Kryssie. I promise I’ll never keep anything from you again. That’s the last secret, I swear!”

“Jessie…” I hesitated, I wanted to ask her what last night meant to her but I was afraid of hearing her answer.

“Kryssie… are you regretting what happened last night?”

“Are you?” I redirected the question back at her.

“If I had to do it over again… I would choose you every time! But if you’ve changed your mind… If you can’t… then…” she trailed off, unable to finish her sentence.

My heart melted at her words. How could she ever think that I’d change my mind?

“Maybe I haven’t made my feelings clear, Jessie but I couldn’t stop loving you even if I tried…”

I felt so embarrassed having said that that I buried my face in the sheets again.

“Why are you hiding?” she giggled.

“Because I’m embarrassed…” I said shyly.

“Why? Do I embarrass you?” She tried tugging on the sheets but I held onto them tightly.

“No… I’m just embarrassed about what I said…”

“So then you don’t mean it?!” She pulled the sheets harder this time yanking them completely out of my hands. I had no choice but to face her.

“Of course I mean it!”

“I don’t believe you!”

“I love you, Jessie! I love you!” I shouted at her like a fool.

A grin crept across her face.

“You cheat! You tricked me!” I hated myself for falling for her trickery again.

“How else will I know how you truly feel?” she chuckled.

“Why do you keep doing this to me, Jessie?!”

“But you’re so adorable when you’re all flustered…” she pinched my cheek.

I swatted her hand away.

“Yah! Stop treating me like a child!”

“Oooo… My Kryssie doesn’t want me to anymore…”

My heart skipped a beat.

Did she just call me HER Kryssie?!

“Uhm… Jessie… so… what happens now?”

I didn’t know how else to go about asking the question… I don’t even know what it meant for us… Are we going to start dating? Are we a couple? It just feels so strange asking these questions about yourself and your sister.

“What do you want…?”

“I-I don’t know… I just want us to be together…”

She pressed her forehead against mine. “Babo, we’re already together… 24/7…”

“You know what I mean, Jessie… But I-I’m afraid… No one will understand…”

“Forget about everyone else… All that matters is you and me. If you’re worried, we’ll take it one step at a time. We won’t do anything if you’re not ready…” she told me.

I nodded, but I was still unsure what exactly will happen from here on out.

“Anyway, shouldn’t we be getting ready?” she commented.

“Ready for what?” I didn’t remember making any plans for the day.

“Kryssie… would you like to go on a date with me?” she asked.

I nearly fell over the bed this time.

“S-Sure…”

“Good… Get ready, then.”

“O-Okay…”

She got up to leave as I picked myself up and followed her to the door.

“Oh, actually… I have one more secret I should tell you…” she turned around and said to me.

“What is it…?”

She gave me a quick peck on the lips. “I love you more…”

Then she left to get ready...