Blood

Entangled

Author's Note: Okay, thanks to dream_keeper88, I found out why this chapter was automatically labelled with the M rating. I've changed the spelling on the words "blo0d" and "sp3rm". This can get quite annoying. Mianhe!


(Jessica’s POV)

I wonder if Kryssie’s asleep yet. It’s not that late but she said she was tired earlier… I hope she didn’t forget to have dinner, although that rascal probably just had some kind of snack.

When I got home, the lights in the living room were turned off.

She must have gone to sleep…

I decided to go check up on her.

I knocked on her bedroom door. “Kryssie? I’m home. Are you asleep?”

I opened the door but she wasn’t there.

Where could she be? Did she go out? That rascal really needs stop sneaking off to places without telling me… Where could she be at this time of night?!

I took out my phone and was about to call her when I received a call. It was Taeyeon.

“Taeyeon-shi, can I call you back? I’m trying to get in touch with Kryssie.” I told her.

“That’s why I’m calling. She’s here…” she replied.

Why is she with Taeyeon?!

“We’re on our way to the hospital,” she said.

“What?! Why? Can you pass the phone over to her?”

“Uhm… actually she’s unconscious right now…”

“WHAT?! WHAT HAPPENED?! IS SHE ALRIGHT?!” I yelled over the phone.

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BABY SISTER?!

I started to panic.

“Sica, it’ll take too long to explain right now. Just meet us at the hospital, okay? I’ll explain everything then.”

I was too worried to argue. I just wanted to see Kryssie and make sure she was alright.

I sped to the hospital as quickly as I could where I met up with Taeyeon and Tiff, who had apparently drove them to the hospital.

“So what happened?! Why was Kryssie even at your place?!” I demanded to know.

“I asked her over for some help. She said she didn’t mind because she was feeling bored. She was perfectly fine when she came over but then she suddenly felt ill and the next thing I knew she was unconscious…” Taeyeon replied.

“How could you let this happen?! You shouldn’t have called her over so late! I don’t even know how you convinced her to go over to you when she didn’t want to go to dinner with me!”

“Jess, you need to calm down! It’s not Taeyeon’s fault…” Tiff came to Taeyeon’s defense.

“That’s right… It’s my fault. I shouldn’t have left Kryssie home alone…”

“It’s no one’s fault… Let’s just all calm down… We don’t even know what her condition is…” Tiff reasoned.

If anything happens to Kryssie, it’s on you Jessica!

Then the doctor approached us.

“Are you Krystal Jung’s family?” she asked.

“Yes, I’m her sister,” I replied. “Is she alright?”

“Hi, I’m Dr. Song. Your sister has a really high fever but we put her on antibiotics right now. We have to run some blo0d tests but I suspect that it’s a mild case of Leukopenia which is when there’s a decrease in white blo0d cells which causes increased risk of infection. That’s how she got so sick, so suddenly. This can be caused by a number of reasons but the bl0d test should give us a better idea,” the doctor explained.

“But she’s okay for now?” I double checked.

“Yes, she okay for now. I suggest that we run a blo0d test on you too because if the Leaukopnia is a sign of aplastic anemia, which is a hereditary disease, it’s better to know sooner.”

“Uhm… sure. But I guess I should explain something… Krystal and I don’t actually share the same blo0d…”

I wasn’t sure if I should have said it in front of Tiff and Taeyeon but I figured that we were all adults and there was no harm in them knowing.

“What do you mean?” the doctor asked.

“Krystal and I… we’re not actually biologically linked at all…”

At this point, Tiff and Taeyeon were both in complete shock.

“Do you mean either of you were adopted?” the doctor asked again.

“No. We’re both IVF babies. My parents had problems conceiving so they used a sp3rm donor and had me. Later, when they decided to try again, they used an egg donor and had Krystal. So I’m my mother’s daughter and she’s my father’s daughter but we don’t share any genetics at all,” I clarified.

“It doesn’t matter, I think we should still run the test anyway just to be safe,” she told me.

I agreed and followed her to have my blo0d drawn.

When I was done, I returned to the waiting room. I knew I had a lot of questions to answer.

“Taeyeon, I’m sorry I snapped at you earlier… I was just really worried,” I apologized to her.

“It’s okay. I understand,” she replied.

“More importantly… How have you not told me about this before? We’ve known each other for so long!” Tiff interjected.

“I didn’t think it was something anyone needed to know,” I said. “But since you mentioned it… Can you both not mention this to Kryssie?”

“WHAT?! You mean she doesn’t know?” Tiff asked.

“Your parents never told her? But how do you know and not her?” Taeyeon asked.

“All this came out when I was 10 and Kryssie was only 5 at the time. She was way too young to understand or remember it. When I found out, I freaked out and ran away from home, or at least I tried to but I had nowhere to go so I just went back home. After that my parents decided to keep it from Kryssie until she was old enough to comprehend it. So please… don’t say anything to her…” I told them.

“We promise…” Tiff replied.

Taeyeon nodded.

“I know it makes more sense now doesn’t it? Everyone is always saying how different we are and how we look nothing alike, but I look like my mom and she looks like dad… Now you know…”

“I still can’t believe you’ve never mentioned it to me before…” Tiff said in disbelief.

“Well… does it make a difference? She’s still my baby sister no matter…” I asked.

“I guess not… You two are closer than most biological siblings I know…” she answered.

“I don’t think it matters either… but it does shed some light on some things…” Taeyeon mumbled as she thought out loud.

“Anyway I think I’ll go in and see how Kryssie’s doing.”


(Krystal’s POV)

What on earth happened…? Why am I aching all over…?

I opened my eyes. The ceiling looked unfamiliar.

Where am I?

I lifted my head to check where I was at but then I felt a finger on my forehead pushing my head back down onto the pillow.

I turned to see who it was and it was a half-angry, half-worried looking Jessie.

Oh no! What did I do now? I don’t even remember…

“Jessie!” I tried to sit up again but yet again she pushed my head back down without saying anything.

“Jessie! Wha… What happened? Where am I?” I asked.

“Don’t you remember? You were over at Taeyeon’s place…” she said with a straight expression on her face.

“Oh, that’s right… She was showing me her art work and then… I felt kind of ill… Did I pass out or something?” I didn’t need for her to answer. I finally noticed that I had an IV drip going into my arm. “I’m at the hospital aren’t I?”

She was still silent. But she nodded.

Why isn’t she answering me?

Just then, Taeyeon unni and Tiffany unni walked in.

“Taeyeon unni! You must have been worried…” I said attempting to sit up one more time.

This time, Jessie pushed me back down and kept one of her hands over my forehead and squeezed my hand with her other.

“Yes, but your sister was the most worried…” Taeyeon unni replied.

“I’m sorry for making all of you worry about me…” I told them.

“Don’t be silly! You shouldn’t be apologizing… You were really sick!”

“Really? But I feel fine now…” I told them.

“The doctor said that your white blo0d cells were low… They’re running some tests to see if they can find out why,” Tiffany unni explained.

I nodded my head.

I felt Jessi squeeze my hand even tighter.

I turned to look at her and her eyes were tearing up.

“Jessie, what’s wrong?” I asked worriedly.

“She blames herself…” Taeyeon unni said.

“It’s not your fault Jessie! It just happened… I didn’t even realize that I was sick myself…”

“That’s not the point… I should have been there for you,” she finally spoke up.

“You can’t be there for me all the time…” I told her.

“I can try…” she said softly.

“And you have…”

“Now that you’re awake… We’ll leave you to Jess. We’ll come visit you again in the morning,” Tiffany unni said.

I nodded.

“See you guys.” She and Taeyeon unni bid us farewell and left for the night.

“You should go home too Jessie. I’ll be fine…” I said to her.

“If you think that’s going to happen, you must be more ill than I thought…” she replied.

“I knew you’d say something like that…!”

“Then why did you even bother asking me to go home?”

“Because you’re not the only one who worries!” I blurted.

There was a moment of awkward silence.

“Well, I’m definitely not letting you out of my sight tonight. That’s the only way that I’ll feel better…” she said.

I sighed. There was no arguing with her. The truth was, I didn’t really want her to leave anyway…