Tête-à-Tête

Entangled

(Krystal’s POV)

I still couldn’t get over it… Taeyeon unni and Tiffany unni?! Holy crap, that’s BIG NEWS! I felt too excited and giddy! I’m not even sure why. I haven’t really seen them together but I know them separately and they were both amazing people, and from bits and pieces that I had heard, I think they would go well together. More than anything, I just wanted happiness for them both.

They’ve known each other since middle school but Taeyeon unni hasn’t once hinted that she liked Tiffany unni? That was hard to believe. Either Taeyeon unni was really good at hiding her feelings or Tiffany unni was really dense, no offense to her. And the fact that they have been best friends for so long, I wondered if Tiffany unni didn’t really have a single ounce of feeling towards Taeyeon unni that wasn’t just platonic.

There has to be something I can do…

But this wasn’t a job for just one person… I needed help… Someone close to Tiffany unni…

When I got home, Jessie wasn’t in the living room but I could hear music coming from her room, so I quietly snuck into her room. She was on her laptop and completely unaware that I was home. I tip toed closer to her, careful to keep out of her line of sight.

“Boo!” I crept up right behind her.

She jumped up from her chair, nearly falling over, all while shutting her laptop in a panic.

“Ohmigod, Kryssie! You scared the crap out of me! Please don’t ever do that again…!” she said, a little annoyed.

“Sorry, it was just too good to pass up… Why are you so jumpy? Jessie… were you watching ?!” I joked.

“W-What?! NO! I would never!” she replied defensively.

“I was just kidding… but now I don’t believe you…” I teased.

“I don’t need to watch that stuff… I have you…” she said as she stared at me and bit her lip.

“Why am I with such a ?!” I shook my head disapprovingly.

“Because you love me…” she said smugly. “AND I was just kidding…”

“Then what were you looking up on your laptop?” I asked as I reached for the laptop but she caught my hand.

“It’s nothing… Just some boring work stuff… Anyway how was your dinner with Taeyeon?”

I knew she was just trying to change the subject but at this point I was less interested in what she was doing on her laptop and more interested in recruiting some help for my yet-to-be-determined plan for getting my two favorite unnis together.

“Jessie… I have THE BIGGEST news EVER!”

“Kryssie, you really shouldn’t be gossiping… Don’t tell me; I don’t want to know.”

“But… it’s NOT gossiping… it’s kind of a secret…”

“That’s worse! If it’s a secret, you shouldn’t be telling me at all!”

Of all the times, she chooses now to be ethical…

“Technically… I wasn’t told not to tell anyone…”

It was the truth because Taeyeon unni never mentioned anything about me keeping this to myself although it may very well have been implied.

She wagged her finger in my face. “Tsk, tsk, Kryssie! Would you like it if people went around revealing your secrets just because of a technicality?”

“Ugh! But Jessie… this is not JUST any secret… It’s HUGE! And it needs our immediate attention!”

“Well… actually… I found out something big today too…” she muttered.

“What is it?!” I asked curiously.

“No… I shouldn’t tell you… and neither should you!”

“Seriously, Jessie… This is important! It concerns people that we care about,” I told her seriously.

“Hmmm… fine. Should we reveal our news together? On the count of three… One… Two… Three!”

“Taeyeon unni (Tiffany) likes Tiffany unni (Taeyeon)!” we both said at the same time.

We both gasped and stared at each other disbelievingly.

“Wait! Are you sure? How do you know?” I asked her.

“She kind of accidentally told me earlier today… How do YOU know?” she asked in return.

“Well, I was talking about us and I just mentioned that she should find someone… and the next thing I know… she’s telling me that she’s liked Tiffany unni since the first time they met…” I answered.

“Ohmigod! It makes sense now…” Jessie thought out loud.

“What makes sense?”

“When we first met, Taeyeon asked me if Tiff and I were more than friends… I thought it was a strange question to ask someone you’ve just met… Now I know why…”

“No way! Ohmigod, go get a mop because my brain is totally blown right now!”

“Okay, calm down baby sis… You’re going a little crazy,” she said as she opened her laptop back up. “Honestly, that was what I was doing earlier…”

I looked at what was on the screen and I burst into laughter.

“Jessie… do you really need to look that up?” I asked still in an uncontrollable fit of laughter.

She was looking up signs that someone is in love. It was the most hilarious thing ever.

“Shut up! I needed some help okay…  I mean let’s be honest; I’m not very good at that considering I never noticed that you had feelings for me all this time. Tiff said she’s not sure if she actually has romantic feelings for Taeyeon or if she was just a little jealous because Taeyeon was spending so much time with you,” she explained.

“What? Me?”

“Yeah, you! You’re causing trouble left and right missy!”

“Hey! It’s not my fault that things happen around me… I’m totally innocent.”

“Like a wolf in sheep’s clothing…”

“But that’s exactly why you love me, right?!” I leaned down to give her a quick kiss. “Okay, so we need the big picture. What exactly did Tiffany unni say?”

“Well she said that the thought of Taeyeon dating you drives her insane and that she’s jealous and can’t seem to get over it. But she’s still not sure because she’s only ever thought of Taeyeon as her best friend. But personally, I think her situation is exactly the same as mine when I realized that I had feelings for you. What about Taeyeon? What did she say?” Jessie revealed.

“She said that she’s liked Tiffany unni since they first met but she was never able to confess and so now it’s too late. I told her that she needed to confess anyway but she was being stubborn and said she’s made her peace with it. But when I asked her if she still had feelings for Tiffany unni, I could tell she did…”

“These two are hopeless… They’re even worse than we were. I don’t even understand Tiff. She was able to confess to me so I don’t understand why she can’t confess to Taeyeon.”

“And I don’t understand why Taeyeon unni is being so stubborn. I don’t know what she’s so afraid of. Jessie, we need to do something about those two…! They’re miserable…” I told her.

“I want them to be happy too, Kryssie but we shouldn’t be meddling in other people’s business…”

“This is not just anybody, Jessie! It’s Tiffany unni and Taeyeon unni… They’re like family,” I pressed.

“Even if I wanted to do something about it too… what can we do? It’s not like we can just tell them the other one likes them back…”

“We need a plan… If I think of something, will you help me?”

“Don’t be dragging me into your shenanigans…”

“Pwease, Jessie… Pwease!” I pouted and gave her my best aegyo.

“Oh, no! That’s not going to work…” she looked away and covered her eyes.

I sat on her lap and pulled her hand down, uncovering her eyes.

“You know that part of the reason why we’re together now is because of Taeyeon unni right?!” I wrapped my arms around her neck.

She sighed. “I don’t really have a choice, do I?”

“Nope. But I’ll make it worth your while…”

“And what would that be…” she grinned sheepishly.

I poked her in the head because I knew what she was thinking.

“Me not kicking up a big fuss of course!” I stuck my tongue out at her.

Now that I’ve got the help… All I need is a plan…