Conflicted

Entangled

(Krystal’s POV)

“Really? Are you serious? Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!” Tiffany unni jumped up from her seat and gave me a hug so tight it was cutting off my blood circulation.

“Okay… calm down… Don’t get too excited…” I told her. “Listen, unni… I can’t promise to make Jessie like you… All I can do is help you find out if she likes you back or not… If she does then… well… at least you can take it from there on your own…”

She nodded her head. “I understand… That’s all I need…”

It was my compromise. If Jessie truly liked Tiffany unni… I’ll have to be happy for them… but secretly, I really hope it wasn’t true. I know it makes me sound like a terrible person to say such a thing but that’s the way my heart feels right now…

She dropped me home after we were done and I wondered what I was going to do to help her. I had no clue.

As I opened the front door, Jessie was standing there with a stern look on her face.

“Jung Soojung! Where have you been?” she asked.

Woah! She never calls me that unless she’s really mad.

“Uhm… sorry I had some homework I needed to get done so I decided to stay back and finish it,” I replied, thinking on my feet.

“And you didn’t bother to text me or something?”

Why is she so mad? I do this all the time… It’s not like it’s the first time… We didn’t even make dinner plans…

“Jessie… Why are you so mad? We didn’t make dinner plans so I didn’t think-“

“Just because we didn’t make dinner plans, you didn’t bother to call me? Don’t you care about how I feel?”

Ohmigod! Seriously, why is she so mad? Did I do something to piss her off?

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry! I was wrong. I should have texted you. I’m so inconsiderate. Please don’t be angry.” I didn’t know why she was so angry but there was no arguing with her when she was like this. It was better to surrender.

“Forget it! I don’t even know why I bothered…” she grumbled and stormed off into her room.

What is she talking about?

I walked into the kitchen to get myself a glass of water. I needed to chill off. I was mad at her for being mad at me for no reason.

As I took a sip of the water, some caught my attention from the corner of my eye. I turned to the trash can and I saw remnants of food in it. When I took a closer look, I realized that it wasn’t just any food, she had definitely made dinner. She made dinner for the both of us.

My heart sank a little. I felt really guilty. I know how difficult it was for her to have gone through all that trouble.

But why didn’t she tell me that she made dinner? I would have definitely come home for dinner if she did.

I reached into the trash and grabbed some of the food that was on top. I couldn’t just let it go untasted. She had made it for me after all. It was the best tasting food ever despite coming from the garbage…

I rushed over to her room. I knocked on the door and thankfully it was unlocked so I invited myself in.

“BABO! You should have just told me you made dinner! I would have came home!” I said as I walked towards her.

She was sitting at her desk so she got off of her chair abruptly and turned around when she heard me.

“I… I wanted it to be a surprise…” she answered shyly.

“I know… It was good though. I’m sorry I couldn’t eat it with you…” I apologized.

Her eyes widened in shock. “But I threw it all out! Did you taste it from the trash?!”

I nodded. “I couldn’t just let it go to waste. I had to at least taste it since you made it for me…”

“You’re the babo! Next time don’t do that! I will just make it again another time…” she scolded me.

“So there’s going to be a next time?”

“Of course there’s going to be a next time… and many more… Did you try the dessert too?” she asked.

“There’s dessert?! Where?” Now I was really excited.

We headed back to the kitchen where she pulled out a small chocolate cake from the cooler. It looked a little mishapened and lopsided.

“I know it looks weird… I hope it tastes okay though…” she said.

She dug a small piece out with a fork and fed it to me.

“How is it?” she asked anxiously.

“Delicious!” I replied emphatically.

“Really?” She tried a little piece for herself. “You liar! It’s terrible…”

“No! It’s delicious! It’s the best cake in the world because you made it!” I told her.

To me, nothing could taste sweeter or better.

“I’ll make it better next time, I promise,” she said.

I pressed my forehead against hers. “Next time, tell me to come home! As long as you tell me to, I will always come back to you. Always.” Those were her words but I felt the exact same way.

How am I supposed to hand you over to Tiffany unni when you’re treating me like this…?!