Jung vs. Jung

Entangled

(Krystal’s POV)

Why am I having such a hard time getting ready?

I couldn’t even decide on whether to tie my hair up or leave it down. Why? Technically, why should this be any different from any other time we’ve gone out together? So why am I such a nervous wreck?

There was a knock on the door.

“Kryssie! Why are you taking so long?” she asked as she opened the door.

“Yah! I didn’t say you could come in… What if I was…” I stopped myself from finishing my sentence but I was already blushing.

“I told you before… no one wants to see your stick figure anyway…”

I knew she was only saying that to tease me but I was still a little offended by it.

“Heung! How am I a stick figure?! You’re skinnier than I am,” I replied with a sneer.

“I don’t know… Let’s see…” She reached out and grabbed me by the waist and started running her hand up my sides. “Mmmm… maybe I was wrong after all…”

Her touch sent a surge of electricity throughout my body.

“Yah! What do you think you’re doing, you ert?!” I shouted at her. Actually I was more embarrassed than anything else.

I pulled myself away from her.

She just laughed.

“I think I’m going to enjoy this…” she smirked.

Oh so this is how you think it’s going to be? I’m not that easy Jung Sooyeon!

A sudden fire fueled inside me. If she was going to play this game… there was no way I was going to lose!

“So are we still going out?” she asked.

“Ugh! Look at what you’ve done to me, Jessie! I can’t even decide on what to wear…”

“Awww… Just wear what you usually wear… You know I only have eyes for you now…” she ruffled my hair.

God! She’s so cheesy… but I loved it.

“Oh, I know… I’m just trying to make sure I don’t attract other’s attention. I don’t want you to be jealous again like when you thought Taeyeon unni and I had something going on…”

“I wasn’t jealous! I was just… You two were definitely suspicious!”

“It’s okay… You had every right to be… After all, Taeyeon unni and I do have… something special… I think I was actually starting to fall-”

“LALALA… I’M NOT LISTENING!” she yelled out while covering her ears and pretending not to hear me like a child.

I pulled her hands down and held them down.

“Don’t you think we’ve tortured each other enough for today?” I told her.

She nodded. She started leaning in closer. I still wasn’t used to it yet so I closed my eyes in anticipation of a kiss. Then… I felt a peck on the cheek. I felt really disappointed.

“Hurry up and get ready… Don’t make me wait forever…” she said with a grin and walked out of the room, shutting the door behind her.

I guess the game has only begun…

I decided to wear something typical as she had told me to; jeans, white button-up blouse, flats, and hair down. It was my go to look these days.

“Jessie, I’m ready…” I called out as I came out of my room.

She gave me a lingering stare and a sheepish grin crept across her face.

“Wae?” I asked.

“Mmmm… you don’t want to know…” she muttered under her breath as she bit her lower lip.

“Aish! Stop it, you ert!” I scolded her.

“Who’s the ert?! You don’t even know what I was thinking…” she protested.

I narrowed my eyes in skepticism. “Oh, so were you not thinking of something dirty?!”

“That’s for me to know and you to find out…” she taunted.

“You said no more secrets…”

“Okay… come here and I’ll tell you…” she gestured to me to come closer with her finger.

I decided to play along and leaned in closer.

She started leaning in too and this time I was sure she was going in for a kiss, so as our lips were just about to meet, I pulled back and let out a sigh.

“I guess I was right…” I snickered.

She gave me an angry pout which was so adorable it tugged at my heartstrings.

It’s so unfair you can do this to me!

I began to wonder if she felt what I felt when I did the same things to her.

I decided we had had enough fooling around so I decided to divert the subject back to our supposed date.

“So Jessie… what should we go do?” I asked as I hugged her arm playfully.

“Hmmm… what would you like to do?” she asked in return.

“Uhm… typical date?” I replied.

“Movie and dinner?”

I nodded enthusiastically.

“Really? We can do anything and you just want a typical date?”

“Yeah… I want to feel what it’s like to just be a typical couple…” I told her.

“You silly rascal…! We’ll never be a typical couple…” she said.

It made me upset to hear her say that.

What does she mean by that? Does she also think that the odds are stacked way too much against us?!

My expression must have given my feelings away because she immediately explained herself. “Babo-yah, typical couples get together and break up… but we’ll be together, always.”

Kyaaaa!

When she said things like that, it was so cheesy it seriously made my fingers curl.

“Ohmigod, Jessie… Can you be any cheesier?”

“It’s only for your benefit…” she smiled cheekily. “Okay, so movie and dinner it is.”

We finally made our way out and to the cinema. We picked a random movie because honestly, I wasn’t all that interested in which movie we were watching.

As the movie progressed, I slumped down and rested my head on Jessie’s shoulder. I always wondered why people went to the movies for dates. I used to think that it was silly since you couldn’t talk to each other, so what was the point. But now I think I was beginning to get it.

I saw Jessie fidgeting with her hands from the corner of my eye.

Is she trying to hold my hand? Why is she being all weird about it? We held hands all the time…

I decided to torture her a little so when she reached over to take my hand I shifted it so that she would miss.

She tried it again but I reached for the popcorn instead.

After that she kind of gave up. I could still see that her hands were restless so I decided to stop being coy and took her hand instead; resting my hand on hers so that she would stop fidgeting.

She immediately relaxed and I intertwined my fingers with hers.

It definitely felt different from all the other times she held my hand.

Even during dinner, we couldn’t keep our hands to ourselves. It’s interesting because I never thought I would be one of those people. But here I was; one of the obnoxious people who showed a lot of public displays of affection. If I was watching myself do all the things I did, I would probably be sick.

But I couldn’t help myself when I was around her. She could drive me crazy just from a single look.

It’s going to be difficult to control myself around her.

Ohmigod, Jung Soojung! Don’t even think about all those dirty thoughts…!

“Shall we go home?” she asked after we finished dinner.

I didn’t want the date to end yet. “Can we go get dessert?”

“Mmmm… ice cream?”

We took a leisurely stroll to a nearby stall, bought the ice cream and walked back slowly while enjoying our dessert.

“Did you have fun?” she asked me shyly.

I nodded.

It was rare to see her like this. It only made me love her more.

I looked at her and she had just a little bit of ice cream on the side of .

“Jessie, there's some-“ I started to tell her about it but then I decided to do something about it myself.

As she turned to face me, I went in and the ice cream from her lips.

I did it so quickly she didn’t even have time to react but I pretended like I did nothing strange.

Her eyes were wide in shock but she eventually pulled herself together.

“Yah! Jung Soojung! W-What do you think you’re doing?!” she barked.

“You had some ice cream on your lips… I was just cleaning it off for you…” I told her.

“N-Not like that…” she responded timidly.

“Wae? Sirheo?”

“N-No… I’m just…”

“Aigoo… My Jessie is being all shy now…” I .

“No, I’m not!” she protested like a little kid.

I patted her head and gave her a smirk.

“I think I’m really going to enjoy this…” I said.

The ball is now in my court…