Standoff

Entangled

(Jessica’s POV)

Was I really being paranoid about Kryssie and Taeyeon? Am I being jealous for no reason?

I had thought about it all night. I have been behaving like a crazy jealous girlfriend when I really had no reason to doubt Kryssie. I think that with the added pressure of our unconventional circumstance, I was afraid that she might grow tired of me eventually. But if I kept being so difficult, it would only make her frustrated with me. So I decided to bite my tongue and trust that we had something unbreakable.

However, that didn’t mean that I was just going to let last night slide. I’ll teach her not to mess with me…

I woke up early and crept into her room quietly. She was all snuggled up in her sheets and sleeping soundly.

Awww… she looks so cute and innocent.

In a way, I will always think of her as my baby sister who cries for me when she was hurt or scared or when I wasn’t by her side, like the time I ran away from home. I meant this in a non-creepy way of course. I just meant that my first instinct will always be to protect her, even from myself. But we were no longer kids…

I climbed into bed with her and straddled her just like she did me the night before.

“Wake up, sleepy head…” I greeted her with a kiss.

“Hmmm…?” she hummed as she yawned and rubbed her eyes.

The moment her eyes were wide enough to realize what was happening, I pinned her hands down, affectively immobilizing her.

“J-Jessie? What’s going on?!” she asked while trying to wriggle free.

 I knew she would struggle so I was prepared for it.

“I thought this is what you wanted…?” I said. I planted another kiss on her lips.

I pulled her hands together so that I could pin them down with just one hand and started running my hand down her body.

“B-But I thought y-you didn’t…” she responded. She immediately shut her eyes tightly and turned her face away.

“I was just nervous… but I’m not anymore…” I smirked and started reaching under her shirt.

“Stop! Jessie, Stop! I was just pretending!” she begged in panic.

“Do you give up?”

“Yes!”

“Say it…”

“I give up!”

Oh, Kryssie! What a disappointment… You gave up way too easily…

I kissed her on the forehead and released my hold on her. Then I started laughing uncontrollably.

“You shouldn’t start what you can’t finish, baby sis!” I told her.

She gave me a nasty look and then in one quick motion grabbed my shoulder, pushing me down onto the bed, reversing our positions so that she was now on top.

“We can do this all day you know?” she said smugly.

I wasn’t fazed now that we were both well aware of the game.

“Yes, but we’ll be late… Unless… you really want to…” I grinned.

She pinched me on the arm.

“Owww!” I pouted and gave her my best puppy dog look.

“Don’t give me that look! You started it!”

“Technically… you started it…”

“Fine… My bad… I did start it… but only because you were refusing to be reasonable.”

I couldn’t argue with that.

“You’re right. I was being absolutely unreasonable. I’m sorry I was being a psycho jealous girlfriend…”

She started giggling.

“What?”

“You just referred to yourself as my girlfriend…” she giggled some more.

I suddenly felt myself blushing.

“Am I not…?” I wondered out loud.

“Of course you are! You’re mine and don’t you forget it!” she said firmly.

“Anyway, I was just worried that you might be getting tired of me… That’s why I was behaving that way. But I won’t anymore! I promise!”

“Does that mean you’re no longer opposed to me meeting up with Taeyeon unni?” I asked cautiously.

I nodded.

“Thanks, Jessie! You’re awesome! But you’re also silly! There’s no way I’ll ever get tired of you… because if that was the case, I would have been tired of you a long time ago,” she chuckled.

“Yah! Jugeullae?!”

“As if you’d ever…” She was suddenly so cocky.

“Tch! Don’t be so sure of that.”

I grabbed hold of her shirt with one hand and clenched my other hand into a fist.

She closed her eyes and braced herself.

Then I pulled her in for a kiss instead.

She was about the pull back but I wrapped my arms around her neck to keep her in. She decided not to resist and kissed me back with an aggression that surprised me.

In the end, I broke the kiss first.

“Kryssie, we’re going to be late,” I told her.

She just ignored me and pressed her lips back onto mine.

She ended up late for class and I for work…