Prologue: JungSis

Entangled

 


 

Author's Note: Story officially starts in Chapter 4: The Way We Were. Prologues are just drabbles.

 


 

(Krystal’s POV)

“Something smells good!” shrieked Jessica as she entered the kitchen. “Kryssie, I’m hungry! What are you making?”

I rolled my eyes at her. She was always behaving like the younger sister when it was just the two of us. Most of the time, I was the one taking care of her. It’s been that way for almost 20 years now.

“I’m making pasta for dinner and brownies for dessert,” I replied without looking up. Brownies were my specialty and her favorite.

“Mmmm… Brownies…!” she said as she stared at the tray of brownies I had resting on the counter.

She smiled at me mischievously, leaned over the counter and grabbed a piece from the tray. She took a bite out of the piece, drawing my attention to her lips… her beautiful, luscious, irresistible lips…

She’s the most beautiful when she’s eating… Oh god! What am I thinking! Snap out of it!

 Just that one second of distraction had caused me to lose my concentration and accidentally cut myself.

“Oww!” I let out a short cry and pressed down on the finger with the cut.

Jessie who had lost herself in the enjoyment of the brownie jumped in surprise. She looked over at me and saw that my finger was bleeding. Her eyes widened in panic as she leaned over the counter yet again, this time grabbing my hand instead.

“Ohmigod! Eotteohke?!” she exclaimed. Then she pulled my finger towards her lips and started the blood out.

Dugeun, dugeun… The sensation of her on my finger was… strange and oddly pleasing.

Ugh, stop it with these thoughts!

I immediately yanked my hand back which startled her.

“Spit it out Jessie! I don’t think it’s good for you!” I yelled at her, my heart still racing.

“Oh my poor baby Jung, are you okay? Is it painful?” she asked, completely ignoring what I had yelled at her.

I frowned at her for not listening to me and for babying me. I hated it and loved it at the same time.

“I’m fine Jessie. It’s just a small cut, not a big deal,” I replied.

“I feel bad that as your big sis, I can’t even cook for you… How about I help?” she suggested.

I knew that she was just trying to be helpful but it was a terrible idea.

“Do you even remember what happened the last time I let you help? You almost burned down the house and in the end we had to send for take out,” I reminded her.

She looked at me with her puppy dog eyes and pouted. I felt my heart melt at the sight of her aegyo and I just couldn’t resist her.

“Fine…” I sighed. “Why don’t you help set the table and make a salad…?”

Those were the two easiest things that I could think of that did not involve using a knife and fire.

She gave me a big smile and went about accomplishing her tasks.

By the time she was done setting the table and putting the salad together which involved opening a bag of greens, adding some cherry tomatoes and walnuts, and dressing it with a bottled vinaigrette, dinner was ready.

“It looks so yummy! Thanks Kryssie!” she exclaimed excitedly.

It was a little bothersome having to cook for her all the time but I would gladly do it just to receive a reaction like that from her. I loved it when she was so excited and happy, just like a little kid. I watched as she ate the food gleefully.

Can she be anymore adorable? I could just watch her eat all the time…

There goes my mind again!

Stop it Jung Soojung! She’s your sister!

She looked up and saw that I wasn’t eating.

“Why aren’t you eating? Are you not feeling well?” she asked.

I could tell that she was worried.

It’s because I just want to watch you eat…

I didn’t tell her that though. She would think I was nuts!

So I lied. “I’m just not that hungry. You know you tend to get full just from the cooking…”

She furrowed her eye brows, unconvinced.

“But you’re too skinny! You have to eat! Here, ahhhh…” she said as she held out her fork towards me with some pasta on it.

I felt a little embarrassed that she was trying to feed me like I was a baby, so I shook my head in protest.

“Come on Kryssie… my hand’s getting tired. Don’t make me come over there!” she warned, her smile fading from her face.

She may have acted like a little kid sometimes but her threats were no laughing matter. She was extremely stubborn and she always got what she wanted.

I sighed and opened my mouth.

Her mood lifted again and she fed me the pasta. I didn’t want her to keep doing that so I made sure to eat some food.

After we were done with dinner, I cleared the plates. That’s right, I did the dishes too. I didn’t want to have my princess lift a finger.

As I was finishing up with the dishes, I felt her arms snake around my waist from behind me.

“You’re so good to me Kryssie! How am I supposed to find someone better than you? You’ve totally spoiled me,” she whispered while giving me a back hug.

It was a good thing she couldn’t see my expression because I was definitely blushing. She enjoyed skinship a lot so she did and said things like that all the time. I was used to it but I never got used to the butterflies that came with it.

“I’m sure you’ll meet someone better than me one day… Well… at least the person you’re going to marry better be…” I told her.

“Even then, I still need my baby sister with me… forever… Right?”

I just nodded.

“Good! I’ll be in my room if you need me,” she finished.

Then she cupped my face and kissed me on the cheek, her nightly ritual for saying goodnight to me.

I watched her enter her room and then I collapsed on the couch.