CHAPTER FIVE

Because You Have Him

Yumi's POV

I woke up to find a bright light shining directly into my eyes. I could smell a delicious breakfast that was already prepared down stairs. I got up and did my morning routine, brush my teeth, shower. etc. and got dressed for school.

There was still an hour left until school started, I liked to be prepared early. I skipped down stairs and greeted my loving parents. We ate together, and talked together. I really love my family.

"Yumi, how is school? Did you make any female friends?" my mum questioned. My parent knew that i hung out with Shinee, but my parents wanted me to have 'female' friends and do girly stuff. You know make up, shopping, my own "Girls' Night Out" or sleepover.

"No mum, don't worry though. I'll make some girl friends," I assured mum. My dad must have thought wrong because the next thing I knew, he spat out his coffee.

"WHAT! GIRL FRIENDS!" shouted my dad. My mum assured him so he would understand. My dad calmed down and went back to reading his newspaper while I just amusingly shaking my head. Oh Dad, you are so funny sometimes.

There was only 30 minutes left before school, so I kissed my parents goodbye and made my way out. I waited at the bus stop and when it finally came I paid the bus and sat near the back. The bus usually stopped a couple of metres away from the school and there was usually a small store that sold candy there. I had only 20 minutes left so I went into the candy shop. I bought a lollipop and a bag of colourful lollies. As I paid at the cash register, I caught a sight of someone familiar that just passed the shop window.

After I paid I ran to the familiar person and tapped their shoulder. It was Onew. I smiled brightly at him as I greeted him. Seeing him smile back made my heart beat. When we arrived at school, we were just in time for the bell to ring.

We made our way to the classroom, the teacher wasn't here yet so the class just chatted to each other. Of course, I chatted to Onew. Everytime I did, my heart goes crazy and I end up smiling happily. While we were talking, I sensed a dark aura. Okay, sensing a dark aura seems weird enough, but hey, I think Onew sensed it too. We both stopped our conversation and turned around to see that Minho was glaring at Onew. What is going on?

Minho stood up and asked Onew to talk to him outside the classroom quietly, and at the same time the teacher came in.

"Where do you thing you are going?" asked the teacher. Minho and Onew simply ignored the teacher and walked outside. Onew being clueless to why Minho was acting like this.

Onew's POV

Why was Minho glaring at me? Did I do something wrong?

When we were outside and away from anyone, Minho turned to me.

"Hyung, do you really like Yumi?" he asked.

"Yes, I'm sure now that I do." I replied back.

"Then how are you going to respond to Chaerin?"

"I-I..." that's it, I didn't know what I was going to do.

"I'll tell her the truth then," I replied. Minho sighed.

"What if she really loves you, what if she's still waiting until she comes back. Chaerin is like a sister to me and I don't want to see her hurt." said Minho.

I felt guilty, but I simply replied, "it's better to tell her the truth than to lie about it."

Minho nodded as if he was disappointed that his hyung would break Chaerin's heart.