CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Because You Have Him

 

Chaerin's POV
After I took Key's and Jonghyun's orders I quickly made my way to the kitchen to prepare the food. I was chopping up food when Yuri came to me.
 
"Hey, who are they? Seems like you know them?" she said as she nudged me. I started to cook the meat in the pan and chopped more vegetables up.
 
"Yea, we use to go to the same school before I moved here. Why?" I asked as I put the vegetables into a bowl.
 
"N-No reason." she said. Geez, it's so obvious xD
 
"Which guy do you like?" I asked straight out. How could I not know that Yuri likes them already. I mean, I have to admit they're good-looking... They also stand out of the crowd.
 
"That guy there," she said as she pointed to Jonghyun. I shook my head amused as I put everything onto plates.
 
"What?" she asked. I placed the plates with Key's and Jonghyun's orders on a large tray.
 
"In that case, here, give them their orders." I said as I gave her the tray and left. I was giggling to myself since Yuri was just standing there with the tray, clueless. I took more orders and cooked more food and during those times I checked how Yuri was going. She had already gave them their food and was making small conversation with Jonghyun. He better not be mean to her... Or else he will never see daylight again...
 
Yuri came back blushing. That's a good sign that Jonghyun wasn't being rude. 
 
"What did you talk about?" I asked.
 
"S-Stuff," she said while blushing even more. 
 
"And?" I asked.
 
"He gave me his number," she said. I smiled and poured two drinks (water) and pretended it was alcohol. I gave one to her and we clinked our 'plastic' cups. ^^
 
-----------
 
Yuri left work early so I served the customers. Luckily there were now less customers. There were only five more minutes until my shift was done. Key and Jonghyun were still waiting patiently. When they looked at me, I slightly raised my hand up, to show that they just needed to wait five more minutes.
 
-----------
 
My shift has ended so I made my way to Key and Jonghyun. 
 
"Let's go out, I finished my shift," I said as I gestured them out towards the door. We stopped by a small park and started catching up with each other.
 
"So, how's Onew? He's staying healthy right? Not too much chicken, I hope," I said while smiling. I could already imagine him eating a chicken leg. 
 
Okay is it just me or did everything go quiet. I looked and Jonghyun and Key questionly. I started to worry.
 
"Onew isn't sick right?" I asked scared. 
 
"No no! He's fine," said Jonghyun. I sighed in relief.
 
"That's good. You scared me for a second," I said.
 
"Chaerin, we have to tell you something. It's about Onew. He ha-," started Jonghyun. Key put his hand up to tell Jonghyun to stop. Key shook his head.
 
"He what?" I asked.
 
"It's best if you hear it from him, not us," Key sighed.
 
"Huh? So when I see him, which is in like 2 more months, I have to ask him what?" I was really confused.
 
Key sighed. Everything was quiet again, then I remembered something.
 
"Oh! I forgot to ask...I'm not trying to be rude or anything but, why are you guys here?" I asked.
 
"Are you okay?" asked Key. I gave them a questioned look.
 
"My birthday. Just before you hung up, your Aunty screamed at you... I heard something break," explained Key.
 
Oh no... What do I do? What do I say?
 
"What? OH! My Aunty didn't scream at me. I was watching this drama and I put the volume quite loud. I was up to the ^^" I said. Please believe me, I really don't want to talk about it. I gave them a smile and laughed.
 
"Oh! Hahahaha, oops. Sorry!" said Key.
 
"We were kind of worried," said Jonghyun.
 
I mentally sighed in relief, they believed it. I realised that I had to go, Yuri might be worried.
 
"Hey, I need to go, it's getting late," I said. "Oh, and Jonghyun, you better call Yuri and treat her nicely." I ran towards to Yuri's house...
 
Key's & Jonghyun's POV
Why did you lie to us? We've already met your Aunt... We won't believe your lies...
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Attending the 40 hour-famine, I'm going to try and give up Kpop for 40 hours.
 
I know, I'm going to die. Might as well write down my will now xDD
 
I am currently addicted to 'I Remember' by Bang Yong Guk ft. Yoseob :D
 
Take care and stay safe.