CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR

Because You Have Him

[a week later, at school]

Chaerin’s POV

Onew… He said that he still loves me…

 

[  flashback ]

I was making my way to my apartment.

 

“Chaerin!”

 

I turned around to see Onew. Did he follow me?

 

“Yes?” I asked as my heart fluttered at his smile. He scratched the back of his neck and stepped forward, he didn’t say anything.

 

“Onew? Is there something wrong? Are you sick? “I asked as I put my hand on his forehead and mine with my other hand.

 

“I love you,” he said. I froze for seconds, my heart was beating rapidly. A happy sensation filled my heart but soon died down, because he had a girlfriend already. I slowly removed my hand away from his forehead and looked down. He loves me?

 

“Don’t joke around Onew,” I whispered, taking a step back.

 

“I’m serious, Chaerin. I love you, I realised that I made a mistake. I’ve always loved you, right from the beginning,” he said as he took a step towards me and at the same time I stepped away from him.

 

“I told you, don’t joke,” I whispered again. Tears started to form and before I knew it, Onew was wiping my tears. I removed his hands away from my face.

 

“Don’t. Just don’t,” I said. Onew starred at me, he then hugged me.

 

“No,” I cried. I tried to pull away but he was too strong.

 

“I love you, Chaerin,” he said next to my ear.

 

“No,” I sobbed shaking my head, “No, no you don’t. NO! STOP LYING! IT’S NOT FUNNY!” I pushed him away and ran up all the way to my apartment. I closed the door shut and continued to cry. I felt bad so I texted him.

 

‘Don’t love me, love Yumi.’

 

[ end flashback ]

 

I don’t know how to react when I see Onew. I’m pretty much trying to avoid him. For how long? Probably for the rest of my life.

 

“Chaerin!” I looked up to see that stupid Mr. Yoo.

 

“What?” I said, not caring about my manners.

 

“Excuse me? Miss Chaerin, you are being very rude,” he commented.

 

I scoffed, “Really? Me? At least I don’t go around r-“

 

“CHAERIN! DO YOU WANT A DETENTION!?” he shouted. The whole class was quiet and continued to watch.

 

I got up and went up to his desk and leaned in,” Why? So you can me?” I smirked  and went out of the room. I’ve had enough of him. He just makes me want to… arghh!

 

Mr. Yoo’s POV

“CHAERIN! DO YOU WANT A DETENTION!?” I screamed. The whole class was quiet.

 

Chaerin got up and went up to my desk and leaned in,” Why? So you can me?” she then left the room.

 

“Why? So you can me?”

 

“So you can me?”

 

“ me?”

 

I looked up to the door, the class was still quiet. I hope the class didn’t hear what she said.

 

“Ahem, g-go to page 153 and a-answer the questions,” I said to distract the class.

 

Chaerin knows that I’ve… But how? She must have seen me doing it…

 

Onew’s POV

“Chaerin!”

 

I looked towards Chaerin.

 

“What?” she said without a care. This was rare to see Chaerin act like this.

 

“Excuse me? Miss Chaerin, you are being very rude,” Mr. Yoo said.

 

“Really? Me? At least I don’t go around r-“

 

“CHAERIN! DO YOU WANT A DETENTION!?”

 

Chaerin got up from her seat and went to Mr. Yoo and said something that I couldn’t hear. She smirked then walked out the door. Just like that, leaving Mr. Yoo frozen and shocked.

 

“Ahem, g-go to page 153 and a-answer the questions,” he stuttered.

 

What did Chaerin say? Mr. Yoo looks very frightened.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

… Wow… Just wow…

 

Minho’s POV

That was unexpected. I wonder what she said to Mr. Yoo??

 

Yumi’s POV

“Unnie,” I whispered when I saw her leave. Chaerin Unnie has been acting strange lately, ever since Mr. Yoo started teaching.

 

Key’s POV

Chaerin… What happened to her? She’s changed. It’s like a totally different person. Where is the Chaerin that I truly love?

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey guys!

I'm updating one day early because tomorrow I will be...

attending the KPOP FESTIVAL IN SYDNEY!!

yayayayay *screams and fangirl mode turns on*

I'm trying to make this interesting xD