CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

Because You Have Him

Key’s POV

Once I got Chaerin’s address, I immediately went to her house after I bought some ingredients to make soup.

 

I knocked on the door and after a few minutes, Chaerin had opened the door. She looked quite tired but she had a cheerful face on her.

 

“Key? Aren’t you suppose to be at school?” she asked.

 

“Yea, I wanted to come by and see how you’re doing,” I said. She stepped aside so I could come in her apartment.

 

“Do you want a drink?” she asked.

 

“No thanks, you look tired, you should rest. I’ll make you soup,” I said. She smiled and made her way to a room which I assumed to be her bedroom. I started preparing the soup; it took around half an hour for me to prepare it. As I was about to throw the rubbish and scraps in the bin, I stopped midway.

 

I leaned my head slightly closer to the bin to see what it was.

 

What’s a pregnancy test doing in the bin?

 

I looked towards the bedroom and looked back at the bin. I threw away the rubbish and brought the bowl of soup to Chaerin’s bedroom. Chaerin was resting peacefully. I gently shook her shoulder.

 

“Chaerin, wake up. The soup is ready,” I said as Chaerin opened her eyes. I helped her sit up in bed. She reached out for the bowl of soup but I held it away from her.

 

“I’ll feed you,” I said.

 

“I’m not a kid you know,” she said in a joking tone.

 

“I still want to feed you :)” I said. I guess she was too tired to argue back so she just simply agreed.

 

I blew on the small portion of soup on the spoon and fed her. One by one I spoon fed her as she chewed slowly on the vegetables. I could feel my heartbeat increasing every time I fed her. She even looked beautiful eating. As soon as everything was eaten, Chaerin patted her stomach.

 

“That was really yummy,” she said.

 

“T-thanks,” I blushed.

 

Chaerin came closer to my face which made me turn red even more. She then put her hand on my cheek.

 

“Are you feeling okay? You’re face heating up,” she asked.

 

I turned away and pretended to look somewhere else, “U-uh, I-I’m okay,” I sound so nervous, just act normally.

 

“Y-you should continue to rest,” I insisted. Chaerin stared at me for a while and nodded. She rested her head on the pillow and closed her eyes.

 

“Thank you, Key,” she whispered. I smiled and packed the bowl away, as I stood up and was about to leave, a book had caught my eye which was slightly hidden next to Chaerin’s bed. I silently put the bowl back down and quietly picked up the book. There was no title so I opened to the first page.

 

I slowly skimmed the first couple of lines and then I realised it was Chaerin’s diary. I closed it back but I still felt that urge to read it. Put it back! It’s Chaerin’s privacy, you shouldn’t be reading it!

 

Unfortunately curiosity took over so I opened the diary again and started reading. My hands started to shake and my heart started to feel pain, almost every page contained depressing thoughts.

 

My eyes widened when I read one Chaerin’s diary entry…

 

Why did I have to get when I started to smile. Why was the longest time I've smiled only lasted for seconds, why not days or hours? Why can't my smile last for at least minutes?” I read this quietly. I closed her diary and put it back to where it was.

 

I looked at Chaerin’s sleeping face and caressed her cheeks.

 

“I’m so sorry I wasn’t there to protect you. You suffered so much. I promise you, I won’t let anyone hurt you anymore,” I whispered.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Short update right? Yea it probably is... At least it's something right? xD

Still loving Neverland by U-KISS and

Paradise by Infinite ^^

Holidays are almost over... Time for some last minite homework xD