CHAPTER TWENTY

Because You Have Him

Chaerin's POV

I regret telling my Aunty about my job. I feel so stupid, to think that she would be happy for me, to congratulate me for being independent. I was wrong. I actually thought that there was at least a little bit of kindness in her. I guess her eyes resembled my father, the loving and caring father I had. I somehow had a feeling that she wouldn't let me go, she won't let me have a good life. Would we even go back to Korea? Was she lying? I had to ask...And if she was lying, then I'm running away. I probably have enough money for a plane ticket to Korea. Before I ask, I should pack my things up just incase.

I closed my diary and hid it in the floor boards. I had found that one of the floor boards were loose and realised that it would be a good place to hide my diary and the money I've been saving up.

I quietly sneaked out and closed the door. I walked towards an internet cafe, I used the internet to do some research for the cost of a plane ticket. I sighed in relief because I had enough plus extra money. I closed the internet window and paid for the cost of the internet.

I made my way to my job and started serving the customers. Today, there weren't many customers though so most of the time Yuri and I talked. I told her about going back to Korea. She was a good friend because she supported me for being independent. After work, I walked towards a gym. I wanted to learn some self defence. I didn't want to be weak so I decided that everyday, I would train myself.

I had a trainer that was very kind. His name was Rain [kekekeek]. He taught me many techniqes. Every day I trained, I became stronger and learnt new skills.

"Kick higher and move your arms in this direction," he said as I copied what he was doing. When I kicked the punching bag, a loud and strong sound was created. Rain nodded in approval and I smiled, feeling quite proud.

Couple of days later...

I was walking home when I heard a high-pitched scream. I turned around to see a girl a little bit younger than me. She was surround by a gang of men.

"Help! S-stop, don't come any closer," she screamed.

"No one can here you, don't worry we'll be nice if you shut up," one of them said as the gang took a step closer. I became angry at how men could treat girls, always taking advantage of the weak. I walked towards them.

"HEY! Did you not hear what she said? Are you deaf?!" I defended. The gang turned around to see me.

"Fiesty. I like it," another one of them said. This time, I cracked.

I threw the first punch at the closest member. I quickly grabbed the girl's wrist and pulled her behind me. I kicked another guy in the stomack. I grabbed a guy's wrist and twisted it so their hand was behind their back, I kicked the guy towards another guy. After a couple of minutes, the whole gang was either on the ground or running away.

I turned back towards the girl. She seemed to still be frightened.

"Don't worry their gone. Are you okay?" I asked. She nodded. I asked her where she lived so I could take her there directly. When we were there I gave her a hug as if she was my sister.

"Take care of yourself okay? Don't go out alone," I advised her. She nodded and went inside her house. I sighed. I sometimes wished I had a younger sister or younger brother. I wouldn't be so lonely. I walked back home, luckily my Aunty wasn't awake. Tomorrow, I'll ask if we really are going back to Korea. For now, I'll just rest.