CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Because You Have Him

 

Yumi's POV
"Oppa, can I ask you a question?" I asked shyly but serious at the same time.
 
"Y-yeah, sure," Onew answered.
 
"Am I your first...umm...your first...girlfriend?" I asked. 
 
Onew frowned. I didn't know why but my heart started to ache a little. He would tell me the truth right? He wouldn't lie to me. I looked directly into his eyes. The atmosphere was quiet. Taemin stopped drinking, Minho turned around. And with that, I knew. There was somebody else. Somebody that carried a piece of Onew's heart, but I wanted to hear it from Onew. I wanted his honesty.
 
Onew sighed, "There is someone else... There was someone else."
 
"W-when?" I choked out, a part of me was happy for him for being honest yet there was a bigger part that hurt me. I wanted to believe that I was his first love.
 
"About...About 2 years ago. She and I weren't really in a real relationship but we had feelings for each other,"he said.
 
"What about now?" I asked.
 
"We haven't contacted at all, at first I was sad... But then I met you,"he said to me sincerely.
 
I didn't realise that I had started to tear up, he was telling the truth. I smiled at him and wiped off a tear.
 
"I'm sorry for not telling you sooner," Onew apologised. I shook my head.
 
"I'm happy. I'm glad that you told the truth, I glad that you didn't lie to me" I said smiling. I quickly changed the subject.
 
"Hey, we have our tests coming up for school. Anyone going to study?" I asked.
 
"We don't usually study, but okay," said Minho. 
 
Taemin nodded cheerfully,"I don't think you need to study Yumi noona. You're already smart!"
 
I smiled at Taemin and turned to Onew. He was in such a dazed, I waved my hand in front of his face and he 'woke up'. =D
 
"Where did you go?" I asked jokingly.
 
"Hehe, sorry," said Onew returned a smile.
 
When Yumi turned around with her back facing Onew, Onew frowned.
 
Onew's POV
I'm glad I told Yumi but...
 
Two years... It's almost been about two years.
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Thanks for reading my fanfic agains ^^
 
Sorry for not updating for quite some time, anyways... 
 
Take care and stay safe