CHAPTER FORTY-THREE

Because You Have Him

[the next day]

Chaerin’s POV

If feels good to let it all out, it feels even better when you know that someone is going to be there for you.

 

I closed my diary. We were in class, everyone was doing their work; I had already finished though. I put my diary into my bag where there was a secret compartment. I’ve been keeping my head down the whole day; I didn’t want Mr. Yoo to look at my face in case he recognised me. Thankfully, he didn’t remember me at all. I was fortunate for his forgetful brain.

 

I watched him though; I didn’t want anything happening that happened to me happen to someone in the class. While I was reading I gave a glance at Mr. Yoo and in that time, I saw him glancing at Yumi. Mr. Yoo looked at Yumi again, and again…

 

No… he’s not thinking of doing it to Yumi right?

 

I looked at Yumi with concern. If Mr. Yoo was going to ‘that’ to her then I should just make sure that she isn’t alone, as long she is with someone. That way he won’t do anything to her… Even she is Onew’s girlfriend, I want to protect her… Even if I have to put my life in danger.

 

[flashback]

“What happened?” Jaejoong asked.

 

“Nothing, nothing happened at all,” I whispered.

 

“You can trust me,” he said.

 

“My teacher… He… He was the one that me in America,” I sobbed. Jaejoong pulled me into a hug and comforted me with words.

 

After a couple of minutes, he released me.

 

“From now on, no matter what, I want you to come here STRAIGHT after school. Don’t do anything else, just come here. I want to know that you are safe.” He said. I nodded and wiped my tears.

 

“Thank you.”

 

[end of flashback]

 

I looked at the clock, the bell was about to ring.

 

“Yumi, may I see you for a second?” asked Mr. Yoo.

 

My head shot up in an instant.

 

“Meet me at the table during lunch okay?” I heard Yumi say to Onew. When the bell rang, everybody left. I purposely packed my things very slowly while Yumi came up to Mr. Yoo. I could sense that he was staring at me, as if he wanted me to leave. I wasn’t going to let that happen though.

 

Once I finished packing I stood behind Yumi who was already in front of the teacher’s desk.

 

“You said you wanted to see me?” asked Yumi in a clueless manner.

 

 “Ah, yes. I’ve noticed that you’ve been struggling a lot,” he said.

 

“Struggling?” questioned Yumi as she tilted her head in confusion. Yumi struggling? He’s lying. He just wants to be alone with her.

 

“Yes, would you like me to—“

 

“I’ll help her then, if she is struggling. No need to worry about it,” I interrupted. I could see a hint of frustration in Mr. Yoo’s eyes. Fine, I’ll play along with your so called ‘games’

 

“Well, I don’t think you’ll be able to help her, I think it should be me since I’m more professional,” he said. Professional? Pfft, we’ll see…

 

“Sir, isn’t that’s a little too- “started Yumi.

 

“I’ve been getting high marks for all my work, what makes you think that I won’t be able to help her? Besides I can use this as an experience for the future,” I said.

 

Mr. Yoo sighed dejectedly. “Alright, help her then.”

 

I smirked and went out along with Yumi. Before she could speak I spoke first.

 

“You don’t need tutoring, I’ve seen you confidently doing work,” I said.

 

“T-thanks,” she said. It was quiet while we walked towards Shinee.

 

“Yumi! You’re back! I’ve missed you soooo much!” shouted Onew. I looked down sadly and slightly frowned. I have to find a way to get rid of my feelings for Onew. It’s hurting me so much.

 

We sat down and joined with the rest of the group. I stared into space, thinking about the outcomes of what would happen if Yumi was alone with Mr. Yoo.

 

“Chaerin, Chaerin,” said Minho. I looked up at him.

 

“Yea?” I asked.

 

“Your hand, it’s…”

 

I looked down at my bandaged hand which was clenching tightly. I released it and realised that the group was looking at me.

 

“Unnie… why is your hand bandaged?” asked Yumi.

 

“I. Umm. I accidentally burnt myself while I was cooking last night,” I lied.

 

“You should be careful, we don’t want you to hurt yourself,” said Onew. I gave a small nodded while avoiding his eyes.

 

“Yea, why would you cook? Just order food!” exclaimed Jonghyun.

 

“It’s yummier if you make it yourself, I mean look at me! I’m an awesome cooker,” said Key.

 

Key’s POV

“It’s yummier if you make it yourself, I mean look at me! I’m an awesome cooker,” I said, I knew why Chaerin’s hand was bandaged but I also knew that Chaerin didn’t want to talk about it.

 

*Sigh* Should I confess to her?

 AUTHOR'S NOTE

Quite boring right?

Tests are coming up... well School Certificate xP

Tomorrow is SUPER JUNIOR'S 6TH ANNIVERSARY!!!