CHAPTER ELEVEN

Because You Have Him

Chaerin's POV

I checked upstairs to see if my Aunty was sleeping, I couldn't hear anything so I assumed that she was sleeping. I quietly made my way to the home phone and silently dialed Key's number. Everytime I pushed a button, I looked at the stairs, afraid that the noise would wake my Aunty up.

I waited for Key to pick up. When he did, I brightened up.

"Hello?" he said.

"Hey, Key. It's me Chaerin." I replied.

"Hey Chaerin, how are you?"

"I'm fine. How are you? Did I mention happy birthday?" I heard some noise upstairs, I was really scared but the noise faded away, and it was back to silent.

"I'm alright, haha. Thanks Chaerin,"said Key, I giggled, hearing his voice made me miss him and everyone back in Korea including Onew. I could here music in the background and knowing Key's personality he was definitely having a birthday party. I was quite sad that I couldn't be there though.

"Key, you're having a good time at your party, right?" I asked.

"How did you know there's a party?"he said.

"Key, are you serious? I know you quite well and I could here music in the background," I said.

"Ohhh,"he chuckled. I gave a small laugh at his realisation.

"Hey, so when are you---" Key was interupted by a loud bang. I turned around to see my Aunty at the top of the stairs making her way down. My hands started shaking.

"CHAERIN! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? COME HERE!"my Aunty screamed at me.

"I-I have to go, happy birthday Key," I said frightenly and quickly hung up before Key heard anything else. My Aunty and thrown a vase at me. And it hit my shoulder, pieces of glass was stuck in my shoulder. I pulled the glass out that was sticking in my shoulder, the excruciating pain surged through my body as blood started to come out.

My Aunty pushed me into the wall and repeatedly slapped me.

"Are you tring to waste my money on phone bills!" she screamed. She kicked me in the stomach, her kick was strong and when she made contact with my stomach I spitted out a puddle of blood.

When my Aunty went back to her room, I began to cry my heart out. I cried for hours, feeling the pain inside of me increase. I finally got up and cleaned my wound and wrapped it with some bandage.

I opened the door to my room. I flipped opened my diary and started writing.

One more year, I can wait. Just one more year. I have to try and handle all the pain. My Aunt was more harsher to me today. I didn't know she would be there to see me make a call to Key. I only wanted to say happy birthday to him, I hope that he didn't here anything. She threw a glass vase at me, my shoulder hurts a lot. There was so much blood.

Key would be getting his present tomorrow. I hope he likes the sneakers I bought for him.

I closed my diary and put it away. I closed my eyes and rested.