CHAPTER FOUR

Because You Have Him

Yumi's POV

Onew and I have become very close now, I usually hang out with Shinee. The more I hangout with them the more glares there are.

It's home time and I needed to put my books into my locker. When I put my books into my locker I felt that someone was watching me. I shivered. I turned towards the exit, and walked out.

"Where are you going?"

I turned around to meet with the queenkas, Luna, Hyomin and Yuri. [again, i have nothing against them. Yumi knew that meeting with the queenkas meant trouble.

"Trying to steal our oppas?" said Luna. I was afraid. I took a step back only that Luna took a step forward.

"Ngawww, is Yumi scared?" smirked Hyomin.

"P-please, I'm not t-trying to steal anyone," I stuttered. Yuri scoffed.

"How dare you lie! Don't you try and act all innocent," screamed Yuri as she raised her hand.

I closed my eyes, expecting to feel pain on my cheek except I didn't feel anything. I slowly opened my eyes to see that someone's hands had grabbed Yuri's wrist. I looked up to see it was Onew, sending glares at the queenkas.

"What do you think you are doing?" asked Onew.

"O-oppa!" Luna stuttered. Onew was now furious.

"If you try to hurt Yumi, you will hear from me, you got it!" said Onew in a fierce voice.

The queenkas quickly nodded and ran away. Tears had already formed in my eyes. Onew softened and bent down to my height. He placed his hands onto my cheek as his wiped my tears with his thumb. I couldn't help but burst into tears, it was my first time experiencing so much hatred. Onew pulled me into a tight hug as he whispered into my ear that everything would be okay. Then all of a sudden my heart started to beat faster. Why was my heart beating so fast? Could it be because of Onew?

Onew's POV

I pulled Yumi into a tight hug, this was my first time seeing her cry. I could feel my heart beat increase. No, I couldn't. I promised Chaerin, I promised her. But I couldn't help it.

I took Yumi home so she would be safe and went back home. I called my friends to visit me at home. I needed to talk to someone.

When I heard the door bell ring, I rushed to open it to be greeted by my friends.

"What took you so long?" I asked.

"Hyung, we came as soon as we can and it's only been 2 minutes since you called us."said Taemin.

"What do you want to tell us?" asked Minho.

I hesitated, I didn't know how I be saying it though. I'll just say it directly to them.

"I think I really like Yumi." I confessed.

"Then tell her hyung, you know that I'll always support you!" Taemin encouraged.

"That's the problem," I said.

"What is? She's hot and nice," said Jonghyun. I raised my eyebrows.

"Just saying, don't worry, she ain't really my type," said Jonghyun.

"It's Chaerin," joined Key. I nodded.

"What are you going to do then?" asked Minho.

"I don't know," I sighed.

"I know this might sound cliche and corny but, just follow your heart," said Key.