CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

Because You Have Him

Chaerin’s POV

Finally, school. I woke up 2 hours early so I guess I don’t have to worry about being late. I don’t know if it’s the fact that I want to see Onew or not. It’s been 2 years, 2 long years. I guess I should get prepared even though it’s still early. There is still barely any food in the fridge though. Oh well. I hope my stomach doesn’t hurt during school though.

 

I closed my diary and started preparing myself. I put everything I needed in my bag and wore my uniform. I hate skirts, they make me feel uncomfortable. I grabbed an apple and took it with me. I walked my way to school and took a bite out of my apple. I realised the school gates were opened.

 

Wow, students must be keen to learn if the school opens this early,I thought. I took another bite out of my apple and started walking around the school. The school was the same. Same buildings, same trees, same everything. When I was about to walk off towards the office, I heard someone calling for help. I turned followed the sound to find that there was a girl my age being bullied by three familiar faces. Luna, Hyomin and Yuri. Obviously they didn’t change. [NOTE: she also use to be bullied by them]

 

“Aish! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU TO STAY AWAY!!” shouted Luna.

 

“I can’t…” The girl whispered.

 

Yuri scoffed.

 

“Lies! You dare tell lies to us!” screamed Hyomin. Luna raised her hand preparing to slap the girl.

 

By this time I was furious. You could probably see steam coming out of my ears. I threw my apple in the bin [poor apple! ]  and quickly grabbed onto Luna’s wrist. Luna turned to face me. Her eyes widened at me. Even Yuri and Hyomin were shocked to see me.

 

“C-Chae—“said Hyomin, but I interrupted her.

 

“Enough. I can’t believe you guys! Can’t you for once at least not be selfish?” I shouted.

 

“Oh wow, like that lecture is going to stop us! You’re still weak you know,” said Yuri. I let go of Luna’s wrist.

 

“That was years ago, I’ve changed. Unfortunately, you guys haven’t.” I stated.

 

“Come on girls let’s just go. She’s just wasting our time,” said Luna as she walked away with her friends following her. I turned around to face the girl who was bullied. She had a cute innocent face; her hair was tied into a ponytail. She looked at me with sparkling eyes full of admiration. I couldn’t help but chuckle at her innocence.

 

“Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” the girl said as she repeatedly bowed down.

 

“What’s your name?” I asked.

 

“Y-Yumi, “she replied. I nodded.

 

“I’m ---,” I was interrupted by the bell, I had then realised that the school was crowded with students.

 

“See you!” I said as I waved to her. I walked towards the office and greeted them while they gave me my timetable/schedule, I smiled when I saw that my schedule didn’t really change, I was still in the same class with Onew. All the students were already in their class when I made my way to the room.

 

“Here goes nothing,” I said as I held onto my necklace that Yuri gave me, I held it tightly as I whispered to it, “Wish me luck Yuri.”

 

I knocked on the door softly; the teacher was already inside marking peoples’ name off. The teacher turned around when he heard a knock. He then smiled at me, remembering me, and spoke to grab his class' attention.

 

“Everyone! We have a new student… Well kinda, some of you may know her ^^ You can come in now,” he said as he gestured for me to come in.

 

I held my breath and stepped inside; I walked up to the front and looked at the class. I saw some people brightened up and smiled while they waved crazily. But what upset me was that Onew wasn’t the one smiling. He frowned when he saw me. My heart started to hurt but I ignored it.

 

“My name is Chaerin for the people who don’t know me :) I hope we can all be friends,” I said. I looked at the teacher.

 

“Chaerin you can sit there by the window,” he said as I nodded and sat there. The seat was diagonally behind Onew, when I passed him he didn’t even give me a small smile. Did I do something wrong?

 

The class continued as I wrote my notes down, I was trying to occupy myself with study. To become a doctor, I have to get good marks! I said to myself as I scribbled as many things as I can.

 

From the corner of my eye, I could see a familiar figure sitting next to Onew. She was looking at Onew, and passing each other notes. When I turned back around I saw Key staring at me. Pitying me. I turned back and concentrated on what the teacher was talking about. After having classes was lunch.

 

When the bell rang, I walked to Onew. I looked at the person sitting next to him… It was the girl I helped out, Yumi. She saw me and gave me the same expression she did of admiration. I smiled at her and then I face Onew.

 

“Hi, Onew,” I said. He turned around and looked at me.

 

“I’m sorry,” was the first thing he said. No ‘hi’? No ‘how have you been?’

 

“What are---“I was interrupted.

 

“NOONA!”

 

I looked up to see Taemin running towards me; he had almost tackled me with his excitement. Key, Jonghyun and Minho followed behind.

 

“How have you been?” asked Taemin.

 

“I’m fine, thank you for asking,” I smiled.

 

“No one hurt you right?” asked Minho. I paused at the question Minho asked.

 

“Hi, Chaerin! You look great!” complimented Jonghyun. ‘Thank you Jonghyun’ I said mentally.

 

“I bought something for you,” said Key as he handed me a small box.

 

“Thank you Key,” I smiled as I opened it.

 

“I helped!” joined Jonghyun.

 

“Thanks Jjong,” I smiled.

 

“Yea, it’s because I remembered! I also care about you,” said Key… a little louder than expected. I realised that he was give Onew death stares like he was talking to Onew instead of me.

 

I opened to find a simple yet cute bracelet. I thanked Key and Jonghyun again. Key helped me put it on. I turned to Onew.

 

“Onew?” I said. Everything went quiet.

 

“Did I say something wrong?” I asked.

 

“No no no no!” replied everyone.

 

“Nothing, you didn’t say anything wrong, it’s not your fault,” said Key looking at Onew.

 

Key has been doing that a lot lately… Did they get into a fight? I hope not…

 

“Hi, we meet again,” said Yumi as she popped out of nowhere.

 

“Hey, Yumi. You’re okay right?” I said. She nodded.

 

“You know Yumi?” asked Onew. That was three words, and it wasn’t even words that welcomed me.

 

“She saved me today oppa! I was bullied and then she saved, she was like so cool!” said Yumi happily. Onew then started going crazy about Yumi getting bullied. My chest started to hurt; it was like someone punched my heart.

 

“Oh, Chaerin, you know Onew right? He’s my boyfriend!” she said.

 

“Boyfriend?” I questioned looking at Onew. My breath started to shorten.

 

“Yea, It’s almost been 2 years. Just a couple more months until it’s our 2 year anniversary,” said Yumi innocently.

 

“I-I have to go,” I said as I was about to walk off but Onew held onto my wrist. I wasn’t mad at Yumi, she didn’t know, she was innocent. However, I was really mad at Onew. I shook his hands off me.

 

“How could you Onew? HOW COULD YOU!?” I screamed and cried at the same time.

 

“Two years is too long, I couldn’t wait that long Chaerin, school was also stressing me out,” said Onew calmly. Yumi was looking confused at Onew and I. The rest of Shinee was quiet.

 

“Really, Onew? Did you really wait for two years? No, you didn’t, you waited for only months! MONTHS!! I WAITED FOR TWO YEARS, WHY COULDN’T YOU!? YOU PROMISED ME ONEW!” I sobbed.

 

“I’m sorry, Chaerin. Like I said school was also stressing me out,” he replied a little frustrated.

 

“No Onew. School is not the only thing that can stress people out… I’m disappointed in you, Onew. To think that you really cared about me,” I whispered and quickly made my way out. I then ran to the place I felt at peace. The rooftop.

 

I cried to myself. Pabo [Pabo/Babo means fool/idiot…]Pabo. Pabo. I said to myself.

 

Onew’s POV

“No Onew. School is not the only thing that can stress people out… I’m disappointed in you, Onew. To think that you really cared about me,” Chaerin whispered and walked out.

 

What did she mean?

 

“W-what’s happening?” asked Yumi in a slightly scared voice. I shook my head.

 

“Don’t worry about it, it’s nothing,” I said.

 

“Nothing!?” shouted Key. I was shocked that Key would act like this towards me. Jonghyun tried calming Key down but failed.

 

“Stay out of this Key, you don’t know anything between us,” I said frustrated. Key continued to stare at me.

 

“Hyung? Is there something you know that we don’t?” asked Taemin.

 

“Key, tell us,” said Minho.

 

Key looked at Jonghyun then backed at me.

 

“You’re selfish, you know that?” said Key.

 

“What is it KEY!? Tell me!” I said loudly.

 

“While you were having fun with Yumi, Chaerin was in America getting beat up by her own Aunt!” said Key in an aggressive tone.

 

“What?” I asked confused.

 

“Chaerin’s parents died Onew. She was getting beat up before you even confessed,” said Jonghyun as he shook his head.

 

“Noona,” whispered Taemin.

 

“Could you tell her fake smile? You didn’t even ask anything about her,” said Key.

 

“Poor Chaerin,” said Minho.

 

I felt angry at myself, she suffered while I was freely walking around so happily. I’m so sorry Chaerin. I did wrong…

AUTHOR'S NOTE

...And so they meet.

Singing 2AM's I Did Wrong now ^^

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I know you guys have been waiting for it xD

Watched Death Bell 2 [horror] with my friend ;D

Yoon Shi Yoon is just... *faints*

Take care and stay safe