CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT

Because You Have Him

Onew’s POV

5 days and 4 nights.

 

That’s how long Chaerin has been ‘sleeping’ in the hospital bed.

 

Flashback

We arrived at the hospital where Chaerin and Yumi were. We found Yumi sitting outside a room. Her ankle was neatly wrapped up with a bandage.

 

“Where’s Chaerin?” I asked.

 

“She’s in there,” she said as she nodded towards the door, “the doctors are fixing her injuries up now, it’s best if we wait,” she continued.

 

I nodded.

 

“I can’t believe it, something I never thought would happened,” said Minho.

 

“What if Noona… what if Noona doesn’t make-“

 

“Don’t say that. She’s going to be alright, everything is going to be alright,” comforted Key, but somehow it sounded like he was comforting himself, convincing himself.

 

“We can only wish for a miracle now,” said Jonghyun.

 

“Excuse me, do you happen to know Chaerin?” asked a voice. I turned around to see a nurse facing us.

 

“Yea, we’re her friends,” said Key.

 

“Her injury was very serious and critical, she loss a lot of blood. Luckily, we had enough supply for her. She’s resting right now, if you like you may see her but please be don’t interrupt the other patients,” the nurse said as she lead us into the room.

 

Chaerin, she lay on the hospital bed angelically. Tubes were connected to her, some lead to a bag filled with liquid. There was a heart monitor next to her; it beeped at a constant rate.

 

We sat around her; I held her right hand and Key had the other. I would have been jealous right now but that wasn’t important when the one I love is lying on a hospital bed.

 

End of flashback

 

I sat next to her on a chair alone. I had secretly sneaked out of school without anyone realising.

 

I prayed for her as I held her hand. How much I have hoped that she would squeeze back. But she never did.

 

“Don’t you have school?” asked a voice.

 

No one had to tell me who it belonged to; for sure it was Jaejoong, the person who was treating Chaerin.

 

“She’s more important,” I replied. He nodded in response and sat on the other side of the bed.

 

“She’s very delicate and fragile,” he said as he caressed her face.

 

“If only I knew she was like this from the start, I wouldn’t have hurt her,” I sighed with full regret.

 

“At least you told her the truth right? It would have gone worse if you kept on lying to her,” said Jaejoong.

 

“Maybe… Why couldn’t I save her? Why is it that it’s always too late? If I came earlier she wouldn’t have been in this situation, she wouldn’t have to lay here for days,” I said tearfully.

 

“You did what you had to do, Onew.  No one can change the past, it’s lucky that she arrived to the hospital quickly,” he said.

 

“By the way, how did you know she was still at school?” I questioned.

 

“I had already told her to come straight to the hospital before; on that day when she didn’t I got worried. I even called her a few times but no one picked up. For sure something had happened so I just rushed to her school…” said Jaejoong as I nodded understandingly.

 

“Do you love her?” I asked out of nowhere. The way he treated her, it was just… So loving.

 

“Yes, I do love her… But only as a sister. I treat her like a sister and she treats me like her very own brother. I care for her a lot,” answered Jaejoong, “Do you? Do you love her, Onew?”

 

“Yes, I do. But I somehow at the same time I’m not sure because-“

 

“Because of Yumi,” finished Jaejoong.

 

“Yea,” I sighed.

 

“I know I sound quite selfish but I think you shouldn’t go out with Chaerin and all that. You’ve already hurt her once, I can tell. I saw the way when she looked at you, I could still see a hint of betrayal,” he said honestly.

 

“I know, that’s what I regret the most…

 

The fact that I already loss her.”

AUTHOR'S NOTE

So many tests coming up :(

Oh wells... I'll just eat some food to cheer me up ^^

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM :D