CHAPTER FORTY

Because You Have Him

[a week later]

Chaerin’s POV

Key is different, he is more nicer to me. I mean he was already nice but now I can feel that he is protecting me. He’s been acting strange and treating me like I was fragile. I could tell that he is worried but I don’t want to be looked after like a child. Besides that, nothing has changed much, I feel that I’m at fault because Key has been meaner towards Onew. Even though I’m made at Onew, I still feel that friendship should come first. Maybe I was over reacting too much, maybe I should just forget about Onew. It’s not like he cares about me anymore. Jaejoong says that I’ve been exceeding in almost everything at the hospital. Chung Hee still calls me ‘Pretty Noona’ even though he knows my name :)

 

I closed my diary and put it under my pillow and started to prepare myself for school. I look at the photo of Jaejoong and I. He sometimes even comes over to help cook food which are delicious. For fun, he even put another picture of us in my wallet. xD

 

I walked to school and just in time, the bell had rung. As usual I went to my homeroom and started memorising the procedures of first aid. I had decided that I was going to meet up with Onew and Yumi privately to sort things out. When class was over I walked over to Onew’s and Yumi’s desk.

 

“Meet me at the rooftop,” was all I said. I then walked out towards the rooftop. I didn’t want anyone to know that we were meeting; I just wanted to talk to them privately. While I waited, I starred at the cloudless sky. I heard footsteps coming so I turned around. Yumi was nervous and so was Onew. I sighed.

 

“Thanks for coming,” I said. Onew nodded while Yumi smiled. I took a deep breath.

 

“I’m sorry for over reacting last time. I’m sorry for being selfish… I’m sorry,” I said, while I was staring at the ground. I then felt a hand on my shoulder; I looked up to see it was Yumi.

 

“Don’t say that, you haven’t done anything wrong,” she whispered.

 

“But-“

 

“It’s my fault Chaerin. I should be the one apologising. I didn’t know you were treated badly,” said Onew. His eyes shone concerned. Yumi all of a sudden hugged me and sobbed, “I hate being in situations like this.”

 

I sighed and hugged her back. While I hugged her I looked at Onew and avoided his eyes.

 

“I’m sorry for taking Onew away from you, I love him though,” Yumi sobbed.

 

“It’s okay, no one is at fault here,” I said and then turned to Onew.

 

“I’ve moved on already, Onew is just a friend to me,” I lied, they were fooled.

 

We made our way back; there was still enough time to eat. We met up with the rest of Shinee, besides Key, the rest were happy that there would be no tension anymore. We sat at a bench, Key sat next to me at the end. When everyone else was talking, Key turned to me.

 

“Are you sure about this?” he asked. I nodded.

 

“Of course, and besides I hate seeing you and Onew avoid each other. It makes me think that I destroyed your friendship,” I admitted.

 

“You’re a good person, you know that right?” he said. All I gave him was a smile.

 

“Woah! Chaerin! Your wallet looks so pretty!!! Can I see it?” asked Yumi as she pointed to my wallet that was in my pocket.

 

“Really? It’s just a normal wallet,” I said as I handed it to her. Yumi was turning the wallet around, she then opened it.

 

“Woah!! Unnie! Is this the guy you like? He is handsome” she said. Everyone then turned around, their attention shifted to the wallet.

 

“N-no, he’s just---“ I began.

 

“Unnie you’re blushing!” squealed Yumi. I felt my cheeks and they were burning.What the? Why am I like this??

 

“Let me see that!” said Key as he took the wallet. A frown had formed on his face. The wallet was passed around the group.

 

“He looks familiar,” said Taemin.

 

“Yea, where have I seen him?” muttered Minho.

 

“Pfft, I’m hotter… right?” questioned Jonghyun.

 

When the wallet reached Onew, he looked at it a little bit longer than the others.

 

“He seems… nice,” he said as he passed it back to me. I shouldn’t have let them see my wallet, now everyone will misunderstand.

 

Lunch had ended and it was time for everyone to get back to class.

 

“Everyone I have something to announce,” said the teacher, “Starting tomorrow I won’t be teaching here for a while.”

 

“Whyyyyy???” asked one of the students.

 

“I will be leaving because of important family matters, I’ll be going to another country so that means you will have a new teacher. I want you all to respect him and treat him like you treat me,” he said.

 

Why is it that I have a bad feeling about this?

 

Class ended and everyone made their way out.

 

“Chaerin!”

 

I turned around to see it was Jaejoong.

 

“Oppa!?” I exclaimed… Maybe a bit too loudly than I though.

 

“Omo! Isn’t he you’re boyfriend?” asked Yumi. The whole Shinee turned towards him. Key was glaring at him, which is weird since they haven’t even met each other yet.

 

“Are these your friends? Hello, I’m Kim Jaejoong,” Jaejoong introduced. Everyone introduced themselves.

 

“What’s your relationship with Chaerin?” asked Key immediately.

 

“Key!” I nudged.

 

“What? I’m just asking” he stated.

 

“We’re very close, I practically see her 24/7” answered Jaejoong. I mentally face palmed myself, that just totally makes us look like we’re dating.

 

“Anyway, why are you here? You don’t usually come,” I asked.

 

“I had no duties so I just came to pick you up, give you some rest since you always walk to the hospital,” he said.

 

“Hospital?” questioned Jonghyun.

 

“Don’t tell me there is something wrong with your health,” asked Taemin as he was about to tear up.

 

“No, I’m just training her there, I’m also a doctor there” said Jaejoong.

 

“Doctor? Oh! So that’s why you look familiar! You know Chung Hee right!?” asked Minho.

 

“You know Chung Hee?” Jaejoong and I both asked.

 

“He’s my brother,” said Yumi. Now that I think of it, they do have some resemblance.

 

“You’re training to be a doctor?” asked Onew. I nodded in response.

 

“Anyway, I have to take Chaerin now, see you later,” said Jaejoong has he put his arm around my shoulder.

 

“H-hey, don’t put your arm there” said Key as he went between Jaejoong and I.

 

“Come on Key, let’s leave them,” said Yumi as she dragged Key away. Jaejoong and I went into his car and drove towards the hospital.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

I love teasing that Key guy. I put my arm around Chaerin and I could already see that he is jealous. Key was being dragged away by Yumi. I could hear Key complaining. It seems like he has a crush on Chaerin.

 

Key’s POV

… I hate that guy >:(

 

I hate him, I hate him, I HATE HIM!!!!

 

I want to spend time with Chaerin!

 

Onew’s POV

Why is it that I’m slightly angry over this. About Key acting close to Chaerin? About Jaejoong putting his arm around her? It can’t be that I’m… jealous? No no no no, Yumi is my girlfriend. Why would I be jealous?

 

Unless…

 

That would mean…

 

I still love Chaerin.

 AUTHOR'S NOTE

Howdy subscribers xD kekeke

IT'S DONGHAE'S BIRTHDAY TODAY!! WOOOOHOOOO

Ultimate bias! Super Junior!! muahahahah

Kekekeke :D Anyways, enjoy your weekend ^^

Take care and stay safe :D