CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

Because You Have Him

Chaerin’s POV

I met Key and Jonghyun today. What are surprise, I didn’t realise that they really cared for me that much. Yuri has been asking me about Jonghyun. I wonder if they will be a couple in the future, I hope Jonghyun will stop his flirtatious way. I’m planning to leave and go back to Korea next week. I know it’s kind of early but… I can’t depend on Yuri forever. Key said that they were going to leave today.

 

I closed my diary and stuffed it into my luggage. I made my way to Yuri who was cooking fish cakes.

 

“Yuri?” I said.

 

“Mmm?” she put the fish cakes separately into a small bowl and put it on the table

 

Delicious.

 

“Yuri, I’m planning to go back to Korea next week.”

 

“Oh… Promise you’ll keep in touch?”she asked.

 

“Of course!”

 

“Good, if anyone offends you in anyway, call me… I’ll take the next flight to Korea and beat them up,” she said as she punched her palm.

 

“Okay, okay.” I smiled. She’s the best Unnie I’ve ever met. Sigh.

 

“Since you’ll be leaving next week, how about we go shopping tomorrow?” she asked. I nodded in agreement. While we lived with each other, we had a small piggy bank that we shared, so we planned to use that money.

 

The next day they went shopping, they spent the rest of the week with each other. Chaerin bought less than Yuri since she didn’t want to carry another luggage.

 

[the day Chaerin leaves, at the airport]

 

“Remember to call me okay?” said Yuri as tears started to form in her eyes.

 

“I promise Unnie,”I said as I gave her a hug. I slowly made my way with my ticket.

 

“Wait! Chaerin!” shouted Yuri as she ran her way towards me. She took off her necklace which had a small silver bear. She put it around my neck and clasped it tightly.

 

“Here, have this. Look after it okay? We will always be the bestest friends,”she said. I nodded and started walking. I waved back at Yuri as I gave my ticket and passport.

 

[in the plane]

 

*Sigh*

 

2 months early. I have to keep my promise, I said 2 years so I’ll wait another 2 months. Yuri is like a sister to me, I wish she would just come with me. She gave me a pretty silver bear necklace. I will treasure it forever. I promise I will look after it and will always keep it safe no matter what.

 

I closed the book but then I opened it again and started reading from the very beginning. I didn’t realise that things changed. I guess going to America wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I wouldn’t have met Yuri. :)

 AUTHOR'S NOTE

Life is hard when I have to give up kpop for 40 hours...

Oh wells, I hope you guys have a great day/night! ^^

Take care and stay safe.