CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE

Because You Have Him

[The next day]

Onew’s POV

Weirdly, I woke up early today. I don’t have anything to do so I just might as well go to school early. My chauffer drove me to school, I walked towards my class. The school was very empty; you could hear the rustling of trees. I was in front of my homeroom when I heard someone was inside. I peeked inside and saw it was Chaerin. I was about to say ‘hi’ until I saw her holding a neatly folded paper.

 

“It’s not over yet,” she murmured, her tone of voice screamed out ‘anger and revenge’. I continued watching her as she put the slip of paper in Mr. Yoo’s drawer which was connected to his desk. Could it be related to what happened yesterday? It has to be. But what was in that paper?

 

I knocked on the door, pretending that I just arrived. I opened the door widely and smiled, at the same time Chaerin turned around shocked to see me. She immediately covered her shock with a smile.

 

“Hey, Chaerin. What are you doing here so early?” I asked.

 

“Oh, I umm… I wanted to study here since it was quiet,” she said.

 

“About last time Chaerin, outside your apartment –“I began.

 

“I’m sorry, Onew. I can’t accept your feelings,” she interrupted.

 

“You can’t because you don’t love me anymore, or you can’t because I’m with Yumi?” I questioned.

 

“I c-can’t because-“ she teared.

“Be honest, Chaerin. Did you ever stop loving me?”

 

I waited for her answer. It was a while until she answered.

 

“I don’t love you, I never did.” She said. Pabo, I know you’re lying. Stop hiding your emotions, why can’t you let it out.

 

“I’m going to ask again. Did you ever stop loving me?” I stared into her eyes.

 

I leaned my head towards her. My eyes landed onto her lips. I leaned in even more until our lips touched. We were like this for seconds; it was like my heart exploded with fireworks of different colours. I released the kiss and looked deeply in her eyes again.

 

“I love you, Chaerin. Be mine forever,” I said.

 

“I-I’m sorry. I can’t,” she whispered as she pushed me away slowly.

 

“Why? You need to tell me w—“

RIIINNNGGGGGGGG!!!

 

Stupid bell! Why don’t you let me finish!

 

Students started to come in, I turned around and realised that Chaerin was gone. She was sitting at her seat looking outside the window.

 

“Oppa!”

 

A pair of arms was wrapped around my waist from behind. I looked behind me to see a cheerful Yumi. I looked towards Chaerin to see that she had a hurt expression but was soon replaced with a dark aura surrounding her. She was no longer looking at Yumi and me but at the door.

 

I followed her line of vision and saw that Mr. Yoo was standing there, also starring at her. After a few seconds, he walked towards the front of the classroom and told everyone to sit down. Yumi released me and sat at her spot while I sat in mine.

 

After he gave us work to do, he sat at his desk. I stopped doing my work and looked between the two people who happen to be Chaerin and Mr. Yoo.

 

Mr. Yoo opened his drawer and took out the folded paper that Chaerin had snuck in. He opened with caution. His eyes moved from left to right as he read it. Mr. Yoo slowly looked up towards Chaerin who was staring directly at him with a smirk. Chaerin mouthed ‘scared?’

 

What is their relationship with each other? I’m going to find out no matter what.

 

Chaerin’s POV

He opened the paper and started reading. I smirk grew on my face as I saw his reaction, he must be frightened. What a coward.

 

He slowly raised his head to face me, I mouthed out ‘Scared?’

 

I can’t wait to ruin his life…

 

Mr. Yoo’s POV

I opened my drawer to get a pen but noticed that there was an unopened paper. I took it out and opened it. I began to read it:

 

 

Don’t think that you can escape so easily. I will make your life miserable just like the girl you in America.

-Anonymous.

 

 

It must be Chaerin, she’s the only one that knows. I looked at her to see that she is glaring at me. She mouthed the word ‘scared?’

 

And honestly, I am.

 

But that’s not going to stop me for my next victim… Yumi.

 AUTHOR'S NOTE

Must focus on Onew, must focus on Onew

kekeke