CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

Because You Have Him

Chaerin’s POV

I’ve decided to do some volunteer work in the hospital when I have free time. Seeing Chung Hee’s cute smile made me feel good to help someone. I guess I want to help more people; I might even want to become a doctor too! Oh gosh, I’m getting giddy already xD

 

I closed my diary and hid it inside my pillow case. I went out of my apartment and walked down the street to the same hospital. It’s only been 2 days since I came, I walked pass through the automatic glass doors and head straight to the reception.

 

“Hi, my name is Chaerin and I would like to volunteer around here.”

 

“Oh, sure! We don’t get that much volunteers here, it’s good that you’re here, you fill out this form,” said the receptionist as she handed me some papers to fill out and a pen. After I filled in the details I handed it back to the receptionist.

 

“Thank you for helping out here, for now you can just give yourself a tour around the hospital and get to know some of the patients here,” she said in a happy tone.

 

I nodded and started walking around. The hospital was very large; it took up five storeys, so it would take some time to walk around. I had already gone to the first floor so now I was on the second floor. While I was passed the rooms I heard a familiar voice.

 

“How long do I have to eat this?”

 

I walked back and looked at the door, room 15. I slightly opened and saw Chung Hee, he was making a disgusted face at the food. The nurse was having a hard time convincing him to eat. I smiled and opened the door.

 

“Pretty Noona!” said Chung Hee as I walked towards him. The nurse looked at me and mouthed ‘help me’; I smiled and nodded towards her. I sat on a chair next to him and picked up the small bowl of food.

 

“Chung Hee ah, eat this food, it’s the only way to make you healthy,” I explained. He was still stubborn, he shook his head.

 

“Come on,” I said pointing the spoon towards his mouth with the food on it. He hesitated for a bit and started to open his mouth while I fed him myself. I could see that he didn’t like vegetables.

 

“Eat more vegetables, it will make you strong,” I said feeding him again, in no time the bowl was empty.

 

“See, that wasn’t so bad was it?” I said.

 

“Because Pretty Noona ish here,” he said cutely. The nurse dragged me out.

 

“Thank yooouuu!! You don’t know how hard it is to feed him vegetables!” as she hugged me.

I smiled, ”It’s no big deal, I’m volunteering here anyways.”

 

“Really!? You’re so nice! Anyways, I’m Eunjung!”she said holding out a hand.

 

I shook her hand, “Chaerin, nice to meet you.”

 

“Same here! Hey, I got to go, still more patients to check on. See you!” she said as she waved. I waved back with a smile.

 

I went back into room 15 and said good-bye to Chung Hee, although he wanted me to stay, I had to continue exploring the hospital.

 

I was getting late and my work was about to start in 20 minutes. I walked out of the hospital and went to take my shift at the convenience store.

 

I looked at the calendar next to me and sighed. Why do I feel unsure about going back to school?

 

“Chaerin, it’s getting really late, you can go home now,” said the manager. I nodded.

 

While I was walking to my apartment, I saw a familiar figure in a distance. My heart began to beat quickly. I squinted my eyes to get a better focus.

 

My eyes widened as I saw who it was.

 

Onew.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Oh, SNAP!

Sorry about not updating a lot *bows down*
Anyways...

Take care and stay safe!