CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN

Because You Have Him

[the school bell has just rung signalling the end of school]

Chaerin’s POV

Damn it! Where did I put my book! Maybe it’s in my locker.

 

I walked up to my locker and opened it, “Not here either-“

 

“Oh my gosh, did you hear?” said a girl who was talking to her friend while they near their locker.

 

“Hear about what?” asked the other.

 

“Yumi stayed back in class, I bet it’s because she failed all her tests,” said the first.

 

Yumi? Oh no…

 

“I don’t think so, she’s quite smart you know,” said the second.

 

“What room? Where is she?” I interrupted, scaring them. I think it’s because I’m kind of rebelling now.

 

The first girl pointed into the direction.

 

“SH*T!” I shouted slamming my locker closed loudly, at the same time startling the girls.

 

I ran into the direction of where the girl pointed. I didn’t see any room with anyone though. I knew something bad would happen so I called the first person that popped into my head.

 

Onew.

 

At the same time, I continued searching. I waited for Onew to pick up. Pick up, pick up!

 

“H-hello?” he said. I can’t waste time, I’ll get straight to the point.

 

“Onew! Come to school NOW! Y-YUMI’S IN DANGER! H-HURRY!” I said in between my breaths. I quickly hung up and continued searching until I heard a scream coming from a room.

 

I ran quickly to the door and turned the knob but it was locked.

 

I shook it continually; I could see through a small part of the door which was glass that Yumi was backing away from Mr. Yoo.

 

I had no choice but to try my best and smash through it. My first attempt failed, and so did my second and my third. My fist was hurting a lot but I had to keep on going. I punched the glass again and it started cracking. A smirk formed on my mouth as I smashed my fist through the glass successfully. My hand searched for the knob on the inside and swiftly turned it as it opened the door.

 

When I rushed in, Mr. Yoo was on top of Yumi. I ran towards them while pushing the chairs away. When I reached up to them I forcefully shoved Mr. Yoo away, causing him to fall down.

 

While he was on the ground, I helped Yumi up. She was constantly crying, she hugged me but before I knew it. I felt pain in my back and fell onto the ground.

 

“Chaerin!” screamed Yumi. I turned around painfully to see that Mr. Yoo was holding a chair which he had used to slam against my back. Mr. Yoo grabbed onto Yumi’s wrist and dragged her to the other side of the room.

 

“Let’s see what you can do now,” said Mr. Yoo. Yumi began to scream again. I tried my best to get back up but fell; I used the desks as support and staggered to them. I noticed my book and picked it up as a weapon even though it wasn’t much, at least it was something.

 

I lifted the book up and slammed it onto his head causing him to become slightly dizzy. I could see anger and frustration in his eyes, I signalled Yumi to move away.

 

“You’re really bothersome you know that?” he said as he reached his hand into his shirt pocket revealing a knife. “I can’t wait until this goes into you,” he said as he swiftly moved his knife towards me, I dodged it only by a bit.

 

“You know, you really shouldn’t have involved yourself,” he said, missing his attack because I stepped back in time.

 

“You could have been safe somewhere else right now,” he continued before missing again and stabbing the air.

 

Without knowing, I tripped on the leg of a chair and fell backwards hitting my head against the edge of one of the desks causing a cut. I touched the back of my head where it hurt, a warm liquid was on my hand, and I looked at my hand to see it was blood. Damn!

 

I stood up again; ready to punch him this time. When I did, I missed and lost my balance but regained it again. I turned around only to be greeted by a sharp pain on the side of my stomach.

 

I looked up to see Mr. Yoo smirking at me. I looked down at my stomach to see a red patch on my uniform and the knife he was holding sticking out.

 

“Like I said, you shouldn’t have involved yourself,” he said now walking towards Yumi who was screaming my name and crying even more. I fell on the floor as more blood was leaking out. I tried my best to move my legs but it felt so numb, I felt so weak. I couldn’t do anything at all.

 

I could see that Yumi was pushing some desks so that it was in the way of Mr. Yoo.

 

“Run,” I whispered but came out sounding dry. I coughed out blood, my vision became blurry just at the second where I could recognise that Mr. Yoo was grabbing Yumi’s arm.  Then it was all black.

 

Yumi’s POV

I couldn’t do anything, my body wouldn’t move. I wanted to help Chaerin so much but I was afraid. Why am I such a coward?

 

Before I knew it, Mr. Yoo had stabbed Chaerin, blood was coming out. I didn’t know how many times I had cried Chaerin Unnie’s name. Mr. Yoo was coming to me now; I had no choice but to escape. I pushed all the desks in front of him so that he would have a hard time catching me. Of course, I was weak; I was only a metre away from the door when I felt a firm grab on my arm.

 

I hate being so weak, I used all my strength to push him away. I fortunately opened the door and ran out. However, I had tripped on the slippery floor and had twisted my ankle.

 

Mr. Yoo was now at the door, calmly walking to me smirking. He grabbed my wrist and pinned me on the floor, making it hard for me to move. His hand ed the top of my shirt. The second he reached the third button, his face was met with a strong fist. I sat up and clutched my shirt protectively while I sobbed.

 

“Onew,” I whispered as I realised it was him and the rest of Shinee. Onew threw another punch on Mr. Yoo’s jaw which had knocked him unconscious on the floor.

 

“Can you get up?” asked Jonghyun, I couldn’t answer him while I was sobbing.

 

“Come on, it’s all over,” said Minho. All I did was shake my head bursting another gallon of tears.

 

“Noona, he’s unconscious, he can’t hurt anybody now,” reasoned Taemin.

 

“Chae-Chaerin,” I managed to speak out before I sobbed again.

 

“Chaerin? What happened to her?” asked Key was very concerned. I couldn’t say anything so I pointed towards the room where I had escaped from.

 

Shinee followed to where I was pointing.

 

“Taemin, Minho, stay with Yumi and call the police,” said Onew as he, Key and Jonghyun went towards the door.

 

Onew’s POV

Jonghyun, Key and I went towards the room Yumi had pointed at. The door was slightly opened; there were sharp broken glass in the door. I slowly pushed the door to see that the desks and chairs were scattered everywhere.

 

“Oh God,” said Key as he starred in the direction near the back of the room. There was a pool of blood and a body which was the source of blood.

 

Chaerin.

 

Her eyes were closed, her skin was pale. Her uniform was drenched in blood. There was the handle of a knife sticking out of her body.

 

Key rushed up to her and lifted her up.

 

No, this can’t be.

 

I could hear Jonghyun sobbing as we moved closer to Chaerin.

 

We were interrupted a voice outside the room.

 

“Where is she? Where the hell is Chaerin!?”

 

The voice I recognised belonged to Jaejoong. I could feel that Jaejoong was now behind me.

 

Jaejoong crouched down in front of Chaerin and put 2 of his fingers against her neck, feeling her pulse.

 

“She’s still alive,” he said. My eyes brightened up. There’s still a chance, Chaerin stay strong.

 

Jaejoong took off his white, think jacket and ripped it into strips; he used it as a bandage. He did a basic yet at the same time a complex method which had helped stopped the blood from continuing flowing out. More voices were heard, it must be the police.

 

Paramedics came in and started to inject her with some sort of medicine. The then lifted her up on a stretcher and laid her back down carefully. While they brought her outside to the ambulance, one of the paramedics came up to us and started to question any details we knew.

 

Yumi was also brought to the hospital to check up on her ankle.

 

I hated the fact that I couldn’t answer most of the questions; I hated the fact that Key had answered almost all of it.

 

Chaerin, I just hope that you can wake up. Just… Wake up…

AUTHOR'S NOTE

It's over for Mr. Yoo!!

Love the bit where Onew punched him xD Did you like that bit too?

Fanfic is going to end so soon D: