Chapter 5

Childhood Friends...ish 2

 

You hugged Baekhyun's arm comfortably,"So where were you the whole week?" You asked.
 
He feed you some grilled beef,"I got a part time job"
 
"Hmm? Why?" You asked.
 
"To make extra money that" he pointed at your ring.
 
"Its pretty" you said,"You don't need to get such a fancy one"
 
"Okay, I'll return it and get a different one" he said.
 
You pouted,"I never said that"
 
He laughed,"I wasn't gonna do that anyway, because of two reasons. One: So that when a guy sees that, he can't out do me. Two: I'm too lazy"
 
"Still chasing off all the guys huh?"
 
"Of course, you're mine now" he kissed your head.
 
"So...when we tell our parents, can we do it the way you did to me"
 
"Sure, my soon-to-be-beautiful-perfect-amazing-little-wifey" he took a breath,"Thats a mouthful"
 
You laughed,"You're so cute"
 
"So are you" he hugged you tightly. 
 
Just then, two familiar people walked through the door. "Lina! Did you say yes?!" Haneul asked.
 
"Does it look like she said no?" Eunji said.
 
Both of you regrettably detached yourselves from each other as the two girls sat down. "Oh so thats why you guys didn't tell me anything, you found out what Baekhyun was doing"
 
"Yup" Eunji nodded. "Well, anyways, we came to pay for your meal so you guys can go do your fiancé stuff"
 
"My idea!" Haneul raised her hand.
 
You smiled,"Thanks guys"
 
-------------
 
You opened your door and found Baekhyun with a bouquet of flowers,"Happy first week of being engaged"
 
You smiled,"Thank you" you took the flowers and put them in a vase. Dubu walked around your legs and happily greeted Baekhyun.
 
"Hey Dubu" Baekhyun scratched his ear. "So, I called my mom, we have dinner today"
 
"Alright" you nodded,"So what do you want to do till then?"
 
"Well, if we're gonna play a prank on my parents, we can't risk my mom seeing us while she buy ingredients for dinner, so I vote we stay here and cuddle on the couch"
 
You laughed,"The market near your parents house is on the other side of town"
 
"Can you play along?"
 
"Okay, okay" you giggled,"You're right, we can't take that risk so I also vote that we stay here and cuddle"
 
-----------
 
You kept your distance from Baekhyun as you went onto his parents' doorstep.
 
"Lina! Baekhyun, come inside, the food is ready" Mrs. Byun said.
 
You awkwardly sat beside each other,"Hi ommani, hi appa" you quietly ate your food. The whole meal went on in an awkward silence. The two of you were acting of course, but both of you wanted to hold each other again.
 
"Whats with this awkwardness, the last time I saw you two you guys were so cute, what happened?" She pouted.
 
"Omma, we have to tell you something" Baekhyun said,"And Lina's parents"
 
Mrs. Byun frowned,"Alright" Mr. Byun the video chatting software.
 
"Hello!" Your mom answered,"Oh hello honey" she waved to you. She noticed the distance between you and Baekhyun,"What's with the distance?"
 
You uncomfortably shifted. "Our kids have to tell us something" Mrs. Byun said.
 
"Mom, dad, Mrs Bae, Lina isn't my girlfriend anymore" Baekhyun said.
 
"W-why not?!" Your mom said.
 
"You two are perfect for each other! How could this...what?!" Mrs. Byun said.
 
You looked at your feet,"Mm" you said,"We...umm" you smiled,"I'm sorry Baek" you laughed,"I don't know how you can do this" you couldn't help yourself anymore, you leaned on his shoulder.
 
"I know, if you hadn't come over here I would've went over there" he hugged you tightly.
 
"Wa-wa-wait, I'm confused" your mom said.
 
"Omma" you said,"We're" you smiled,"Engaged" You took your ring off the chain you stung it on beforehand. 
 
"Omo!" Your mom and Mrs. Byun said at the same time.
 
You began putting your ring back on your finger,"No, let me do that" Baekhyun took the ring from you and slid it on your finger.
 
You giggled,"Thank you"
 
"No problem" he leaned his head on yours.
 
"Ohh our kids" Mrs. Byun said. 
 
"My daughter is gonna become Byun Lina" your mom said with a huge smile,"She's getting married, my baby is growing up" she covered ,"T-take good care of her Baekhyun" her voice broke.
 
"Omma, don't cry" you said.
 
"Honey, its just you've grown up so much. Yesterday you and Baekhyun were four and you'd just met, now the two of your are getting married"
 
"I know right" Mrs. Byun said. Her eyes began watering too.
 
"Don't cry honey" Mr. Byun hugged her.
 
Before you knew it, tears filled your eyes too. Baekhyun embraced you tightly,"Hush babe, its alright" he gently wiped your tears away.
 
You sniffled a bit,"This is a happy thing, we can't start crying" you said. Your parents nodded in agreement.
 
"Congratulations honey" your mom said.
 
"Take care of each other" Mrs. Byun added.
 
You looked into Baekhyun's eyes and smiled,"We will"