Chapter 34

Childhood Friends...ish 2

 

You sat in the seat and waited for Dr. Yang. You softly smiled at Baek, he was carrying Kyu, trying to get him to sleep.
 
Dr. Yang came in,"You're here already?"
 
You nodded,"We're keeping him" you said.
 
Dr. Yang raised an eyebrow,"Are you sure?"
 
You and Baek nodded,"Theres still a chance we'll both be fine right?"
 
"Yes, but a small one" 
 
"But its still a chance" Baekhyun said.
 
Dr. Yang turned around and dug through his drawers,"I admire your courage" he said,"You best bet is to take lots of nutrients because the baby will start taking it, if you take these, one in the morning, one at night, it should refill all of your missing nutrients" he said. He gave you a bunch of small packets.
 
"Why so many?"
 
"Free samples, however the actual medicine is very expensive so just take these"
 
You bowed,"Thank you so much"
 
"Don't think about it, Kyungmi is a good friend, come back if you need more" Dr. Yang saw you off.
 
------------------
 
Baekhyun gave you piles and piles of food,"Eat this, it has a lot of vitamin C, and this, it had vitamin D, and this, its full of calcium, this has a lot of potassium, and..........."
 
He went on and on, which was cute. You smiled at him, he was so sweet and caring.
 
Baekhyun snapped his fingers in your face,"Honey, I know I'm hot, but you'll have to pay attention, I learned all these foods to keep you healthy"
 
"Baek, I know about those foods already, I'm the one who tries to get you to eat them"
 
"Yeah but what if you're so weak you can't talk? Thats why I have to learn now" Baekhyun said.
 
You smiled,"I love you"
 
He looked at you,"I love you too"
 
---------------
 
You laid your head on the table and groaned. You were always exhausted, always hungry, always feverish, always well, weak. Dr. Yang was right, at times you could barely move. Your head pounded. 
 
Baekhyun came through the door with groceries,"Honey? Why are you out of bed?" He dropped the bags and helped off the seat,"Come on, you need to get back in bed"
 
"Wheres Kyu?" You asked weakly.
 
"He's with Kyungmi, don't worry" he said. "Hang on baby, just another week" he laid you on the bed and sighed. He hated seeing you like this, you were so pale and your head was always so warm. He was sometimes terrified when you would sleep, that you wouldn't be able to wake up. When he looked back at you, you were asleep. He kissed your lips, then your stomach,"Minhyun" he said,"Come out soon, your mother is getting worse" he stood up and finished putting away groceries.
 
He sighed. You couldn't do anything, you hated that. *My poor baby boo...* he thought. All he could do was try to get you to take in as much nutrients as possible to keep you as healthy as possible. You had your good days where you could walk around and eat yourself, but you also had you bad days where you couldn't move. Those scared the crap out of him.
 
He came back in and sat beside you, putting a wet towel on your head,"I don't know if I could live with myself if I put you through this again" he whispered. "I'm starting to rethink the three kids..." He said.
 
You opened your eyes and took his hand.
 
"You're awake?" He said.
 
"Baek" you said,"I asked Dr. Yang, he said its almost impossible for this to happen to me twice, I'll be fine when we have a daughter"
 
"But what if you're not? I can't do this to you again" he said.
 
You squeezed his hand,"I want another kid" you said.
 
"Are you sure?" He asked.
 
"Of course, how am I supposed to live with three guys" you weakly smiled.
 
He smiled back,"I'll get Kyu, just wait right here and-"
 
You squeezed his hand, harder than ever,"Baek!" You screamed, it hurt more than you remember, or maybe that was because you were sick.
 
Baekhyun's eyes widened,*When I asked for fast, I didn't mean this fast!*
 
------------------
 
You screamed in pain,"Baek! I can't do it!" You sobbed at the same time. You were laying here for hours trying to mutter up enough strength.
 
"Push baby!" He squeezed your hand.
 
"If she doesn't push harder, we'll have to perform a c-section" a nurse said.
 
Baekhyun looked at you,"Come on honey, you can do this" he whispered in your ear,"Take a deep breath"
 
You nodded and did as you were told.
 
A smile grew on Baekhyun's face when he heard tiny high pitched screams. He look over at the nurse carrying his son.
 
"He's okay" she said.
 
Baekhyun laughed,"Did you hear that honey? Our baby is okay" 
 
His heart suddenly smashed into pieces when he heard a long beep of the heart monitor. He looked at the screen.
 
It was a flatline.