Forty-Eighth

At First Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Han Seungyeon

Never in my life have I imagined myself being able to see again. I've always wondered how it felt to see the people around me. The moment I opened my eyes, I was no longer in darkness. I was greeted by the bright beam of light. 

It took me a while to get used to the brightness. At a certain point I even thought that the surgery had failed and I could only see bright yellow and nothing else. As time passed, dark figures formed, resembling humans. Now, I could see the faces of a few men and women crowding around my bed. 

A woman with wrinkles greeted me with a smile. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she held onto my face, "Seungyeon-ah, it's your grandmother." She choked.

Grandmother... so that was what she looked like. Feeling the wrinkles on her face when I was blind was totally different to looking at her. She looked tired and weak. I placed my hands on hers and gave a reassuring squeeze, "Grandmother, I'll finally be able to fufill my duty of being a good granddaughter and properly take care of you." Tears were also forming at the corner of my eyes as I called out her name again.

"Han Seungyeon-ssi, I assume that you're able to see." A young lady asked. She was dressed in a long coat-- I was guessing that she was the nurse just now. She walked up to me and raised up three fingers. "How many fingers am I holding up?"

"Three."

"That's great, so Dr Robertson and I would be leaving now. Do call us if there's any problem." She turned her back and started to walk away while the man with light coloured hair next to her bowed slightly before leaving the ward. 

After watching the doctor and nurse exit the ward, I turned my head to see a lean younger man with messy hair, dressed in a sleeveless hoodie and ripped jeans. He was leaning against the wall beside the door. The moment my eyes landed on him, the corner of his lips curled upwards and he started walking closer to the bed.

Before he could say anything, I asked with a grin on my face, "You're Sehun aren't you?" His mouth formed an 'o' shape before giving me a smile and nodding his head in response. He stood by the side of the bed and questioned, "Are you okay?"

"I don't think so..." I teased as I rubbed my head, then I pointed at his face, "Is this what people call handsome?"

He pouted a little before ruffling my hair softly, "Should I arrange another surgery?"

I smiled. Sehun was unbelievably good looking. Although I have never seen many faces of men, Sehun looked good.

I turned my head and watched my grandmother cry tears of happiness. The longer I stared at her, the greater the feeling of happiness and gratefulness. This wasn't a dream. I could really see her face. I couldn't hold in the ugly sobs as I cried. 

~

"The doctor said not to exert too much energy!" Sehun called from behind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter