Thirty-Fifth

At First Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh Sehun

It’s been a year since I saw my uncle. I didn’t expect him to die so quickly. My father stood in front of me, hands holding a bouquet of white chrysanthemums, head down. I stared at his gravestone, wondering how he had died.

My father wiped his hands with his handkerchief as he sighed, “I never got to find out how he really died.”

“Aren’t you going to find out? He’s your brother - my uncle – after all.”

“Some things were not meant to be known, Sehun.”

“You’re crazy.” Sehun gritted his teeth and glared at his father, before turning around and walking away.

Han Seungyeon

“Hey.”

I jumped upon hearing his voice at such close proximity. Sehun patted my head from behind me.

“How did you know I was here?” I asked out of curiosity. Maybe it wasn’t because he knew I was here. Maybe I was just being delusional. Maybe I was just being stupid.

“I didn’t.” He said.

Idiot. I scolded myself. Idiot.

“I heard that the prelims are coming up. You must be really busy, go back and study for it.” I said quickly and then bit the insides of my cheek, hoping it didn’t sound too rushed. I was just about to leave anyway. I had just gone to the police station to check up on the status of their investigation regarding the dead murderer.

“Nah,” He said, kicking the floor as I could hear the sound of his sole against the pavement, “Why are you at the police station?”

I shook my head, “No reason, I just passed by.” I lied.

“No you didn’t, I saw you exit it.” He said in a stern tone.

“I didn’t do anything there. I just went to check something.”

I didn’t intend to lie to him at first but I figured that the murderer’s death wasn’t really a good thing to talk about and he didn’t need to know about such small things anyway. I heard his footsteps quicken as he clicked his tongue, “If you say so.”

It was obvious that he wasn’t buying my reasons as he continued taking larger strides ahead of me. His presence started to disappear slowly as the sound of his footsteps became softer.

I stupidly tried to catch up to him in the darkness and found myself tripping over my own feet. Thank god I was able to catch my balance and not fall. I was pretty d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter