Forty-Seventh

At First Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Han Seungyeon

“I can’t believe it Seungyeon-ah! The moment Grandmother told me I literally screamed in the canteen. I’m so happy for you! When is the operation? I’ll be there.” In-Na blabbered excitedly over the phone. She let out a short squeal in delight, “Omona, you’ll finally be able to see how I look like, how grandmother looks like, how Sehun looks like… Heck, you’ll finally know how you look like! I can’t wait!”

I chuckled, “The operation is in 3 days- no, it’s 2 days because it’s midnight right now. Sehun said it would be in the morning.”

“So it’s true? Sehun was the one who arranged for it?” In-Na questioned.

“Mm-hmm.” I replied. As I was about to add on, I could hear her mutter softly, “That Oh Sehun better be serious about Seungyeon or else I’d break his nose.”

She cleared and said, “About Sehun…”

“I confessed.” I admitted. There was no use keeping secrets from her. I continued, “I said it just an hour ago and he accepted it.”

I could hear her squeal and then apologize to the people around her before exclaiming, “That’s great! But I still have to keep an eye on him in case he makes you cry.” She ended off trying to sound intimidating, earning a choked laugh from me.

I tucked myself under the blankets and laid down on my pillow, keeping the phone against my ear as In-Na talked more about her daily school life and Kai issues.

“If my eyes recover, I may be able to go to school with you.” I said suddenly upon the realization. This was what I have been dreaming about. I would finally be able to live like a normal person.

“I’d like that. A lot.” In-Na agreed before we decided to call it a night.

~
It was finally D-Day and I had been too nervous to sleep the night before. I was changing into comfortable clothes before Grandmother and I headed to the hospital.

In-Na called early in the morning to say that she was caught up in school and didn’t get permission to skip school to accompany me. I was a little disappointed that my best friend wasn’t around to be the first few people I’d see, but it was school and school is school. I wouldn’t want her to get a bad record just for this. Anyway, if all goes well, I would head first to her school to visit her.

“Morning.” Sehun’s voice greeted me from the door.

“Sehun?” I asked to be sure that I wasn’t hallucinating.

“The one and only.” He laughed and I could hear his footsteps towards me. “Did you sleep well?”

“Of course,” I lied (I didn’t want to say things to make him worry). “But why are you here? I thought you were meeting us at the hospital? And why didn’t you knock? I was changing.” I frowned.

“One question at a time, princess.” He chuckled. Placing his hand on my right shoulder and his lips by the side of my left ear, he whispered, “I couldn’t wait to see you and uh- even if I wanted to see you changing I was too late.”

My cheeks heated up and I covered my face with my hands. Oh god, this was so embarrassing.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter