Thirty-First

At First Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Han Seungyeon

“Why aren’t you avoiding me?” I challenged, “Just go.”

I wasn’t going to act nicely anymore. He chose to get involved in my life and when I decided to pay attention to his (being a decent ‘friend’ I thought I was), he distanced himself. I would rather a stray dog or something than Oh Sehun.

As I was about to push his hand off the door to close it, he placed his other hand on my shoulder. “30 seconds. Just give me 30 seconds and I’ll leave.” He said. I wanted to believe that he was drunk again so I could get rid of him easily but he wasn’t. He was determined to talk.

Crazy enough, I nodded in response, allowing him to pull me outside. We sat down on the steps outside the apartment. I noticed that Sehun was hesitating before he choked out the words, “I was thinking-”

“About what?” I cut in, soft enough it could be considered a whisper.

It was already almost 8 pm and I was starting to lose my patience. “Oh Sehun, what do you want?” I asked angrily. Honestly, I didn’t want to hear what he wanted to say. I was all ready to stand up and leave before he finally opened his mouth again to ask the dumbest question in the world, “Are you angry with me?”

I don’t know.

“No,” I lied.

“I got scolded by my teacher today again because I said that I wanted to quit school. He almost called my parents. There was also this cocky guy who tried to get his way during PE and I punched him. I was really proud of myself. At least that guy knew his limits now-”

“Did you come here to say this? If that’s all, I need to go now.” I stood up and turned away, trying to get out of this awkward situation.

A hand griped my wrist and my heart started racing.

“I didn’t come here to say this. I came to figure out something.”

After hearing his vague reply, I lifted my foot and started to head back to my cozy home in disappointment. I had no reason to continue listening to him. What was the real reason why you came, Oh Sehun?

“Don’t go yet.” He pulled me back suddenly and my body leaned towards him. Something soft pressed onto my lips and I gasped in surprise. Pulling back quickly, I stumbled and found myself falling backwards. I let out a high pitched ‘ek’ as I anticipated the impact.

Arms wrapped around my waist before I could hit the ground and I could hear Sehun’s heavy breathing above me. Sehun helped me regain my balance and I bowed slightly, thanking him. Embarrassed, I turned away from him and tried to feel my way back to the apartment using the railings.

“Seungyeon.” He called and the next moment, I felt his presence in front of me, blocking my path back home. There were about 10 more steps to the door. I heard a low laugh, “You should really be more careful and… I’m sorry for pulling you.”

Blood rushed to my face and I coughed to hide my embarrassment. Sehun commenting on my clumsiness was making it worse. Before I could say anything to excuse myself again, his hands cupped my face.

“I’m giving you 5 seconds.” He said softly.

“5…”

I freezed. Was he going to kill me or something? My mind started thinking about violent things that gangsters could do to people.

“4

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter