Twelfth

At First Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Oh Sehun

The moment I saw her walk in to the hospital ward, it seemed as if a huge weight was lifted off me and a smile crept on my face. I watched as her hands wandered on the door and her feet hesitating to walk in.

“Han Seungy- ah!” Although I had only moved my leg slightly, pain shot through my body and I decided not to try out shifting positions again. After hearing my sudden cry, she walked quickly, feeling the sides of the ward, until she reached the bed.

Was it me or is she worried for me? “Is your leg better? I should have bought something but I came here straight…”

“I can’t even believe you came. Thank you.” I blurted. Truthfully, I really wanted to see her again. But I thought that she wouldn’t want to visit me because of what I almost did to her. Every day, it haunted me. I wanted to apologise face to face, but I knew she woundn’t let me even if I tried. I was afraid that she didn’t hear my apology that day. I really didn’t mean it. I didn’t mean doing those evil things. I only wanted to warn her. Warn her about the dangers out there.

Reading all those newspaper articles about girls being at an age of 10, it scared me. Were males that cruel? Why did they have to do all those things? The girl was only 10. She still had a long way to go in life and he had to ruin her.

I didn’t mean to scare her in that way. I never meant that.

I know she hates and detests me for playing with her.

I hate myself too.

Oh Sehun never did such a thing. I had no idea why I did that, that day, too.

“You saved me. If it weren’t for you, I’d be the one lying in your place, probably in a more worse shape than you are.” She said. She sounded so distant, I knew she already put up tall, thick and strong walls around herself.

We stayed there in silence until the nurse walked in. “Mr Oh, you might not be able to walk for a few weeks but after treatment, walking in the future wouldn’t be a problem.”

“Thank you.” I heaved a sigh of relief. At least walking again wasn’t a problem anymore. The nurse gave a slight bow and excused herself and left the ward. I paid close attention to Seungyeon. Her fingers were rubbing against the bedside table without her even knowing and she looked as if she was staring into space.

I looked at her intently and then she asked, “What do you want me to do to repay you? I don’t have the money to pay for your medical fees but I could help you one way or another…”

Pay me? I might not be rich at the moment, but I’m not looking at payment and money. No matter how desperate I am for money, I wouldn’t try getting a cent from her. Her living conditions are as bad as mine, plus she has a grandmother to take care of at home. If I needed money, I could always find a way to get some, last resort, from my old home.

I didn’t know what got into me at the moment but I found myself reaching out to touch her hand. “What you can do is to forgive me.” I said I as placed my hand carefully on hers. Making her scared and letting her run

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter