Fourth

At First Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Han Seungyeon

“Is there something on my face? Why can’t you look at me in the eye? Or am I that handsome?”

This guy is annoying. He still doesn’t know that I’m blind. I stood up, “I don’t know.”

“Wait.”

I grumbled. Why can’t he leave me alone? Like all those people on the streets, that mostly stay away from me because I’m different, why can’t he just do the same?

“Can’t you just leave me alone?” I pleaded and waited for his response. I heard him sigh and he stepped away. “Alright.”

Just like that. He must have finally noticed that the girl in front of him was as blind as a bat. I nodded my head and stepped ahead, making sure that I was more careful this time, to prevent falling down again.

The further I walked away from the alley, the more silent the surroundings became. He’s still standing there. I mentally laughed, he must be pitying me now.

I entered the convenience store and the uncle greeted, “Here for milk again?”

“Yes.” I headed towards the end of the row and reached out to get a carton of milk. I paid the uncle the amount on the way out.    

I passed by the alley on the way home. I recalled the guy kissing me. Letting out a big sigh, I used the back of my hand to rub my lips. Until now, I couldn’t believe he took my first kiss away. I remembered my mother telling me the story of my father and her. She said that a girl’s first kiss was reserved for some special, like her first love. In my case, it was given to someone ‘special’ that took it away without knowing who I was, and without considering how I felt.

~

Opening the door and stepping in to the house, I called, “Grandmother, I bought milk back.”

“Why did it take so long? Did something happen- Omo! Your knee!” Grandmother held my arm and led me to the couch. I shook my head, “I fell and it’s just a scratch.”

“Well, if you could see, it’s way worse than you think.” She clicked her tongue and patted my shoulder, “Hold on, I’ll get the first aid kit.”

I nodded. I shouldn’t rely too much on her. She’s getting old.

“Here.” Grandmother said, “Let me wipe the blood-”

“It’s really okay, I can do this on my own.” I said, holding on to her wrist.

“Really?” Even though I couldn’t see it, I knew she was looking at me worriedly. I smiled, “I’m more independent than you think I am.”

Grandmother finally gave in and passed me the kit. The cotton wool was on the right, the bandages were on the left and in the middle, anti-bacterial wipes. I wet the cotton wool and started wiping the scrapped area with it. Then I used the anti-bacterial wipes. It stung for a while, but I endured it. When it seemed like the blood was all wiped, I put a bandage over it. See, eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter