Seventeenth

At First Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Han Seungyeon

I’ve been spending lots of time with Daekyung, more than I had expected. We would talk about life, stuff we like and we became close. In-Na was really busy now, since she was appointed the role of ‘Class Head’. In addition to that, her mom grounded her for spending almost 150 thousand won in just a day.

I was walking to the Institute, with one hand holding my walking stick and the other holding the Braille books I intended to lend some of the younger students. Today was as hot and humid as any other summer day, as normal as any other day of the year.

“Are you serious? That’s her?” I couldn’t help but overhear the conversation of 2 males behind me. It wasn’t considered eavesdropping since their whispering was louder than normal.

“I’m sure! I heard the nurse say that!”

“Oh my god, he’s crazy.”

I stopped for a moment and realised that I had forgotten one book, which I had left at the door step! I spun around and headed back home, only to be bumped into 10 seconds later.

“I’m so sorry! I’m so sorry! I wasn’t looking! Are you hurt?” A tall male with deep voice repeated. I shook my head left and right to indicate that I was okay and left after giving a quick bow. At least there were pretty decent people in the world who weren’t selfish. Other people I accidentally bumped into would either ignore my apology or scold me for getting into their way.   

As I walked back I could still hear the voices of both males, “Aish, you almost blew our cover! How clumsy can you get?”  

~

“Seungyeon, could you come here for a moment?” The head master called.

I paused my movements and replied, “Dae, coming.” I had been teaching Mihye braille these few days. At first we started off shaky, she would blow up and cry every now and then. Now, she was calmer and more understanding of her condition. I told her to practice the alphabet as I left for the headmaster’s office.

“You called headmaster?” I entered the office.

“How is that boy that saved you?”

Boy? Oh Sehun? Why is headmaster concerned about him? “Wae- Waegulae?” I stuttered.

“Nothing, I just thought that it would be nice if you made friends with him. It’s not easy risking your life to save another, so you could hang out with him more and maybe become good friends!”

I chuckled. Good friends? I wouldn’t want to interfere into his business anymore.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter