Thirty-Seventh

At First Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh Sehun

The first thing on my mind was that I didn’t want Han Seungyeon to find out. The fact that my uncle turned out to be a murderer wasn’t something I wanted her to know. But it was something she had to know. I wouldn’t be able to keep this from here forever. I didn’t have the courage to face her anymore. The person who ruined her life was my uncle.

How could my uncle do something so brutal like that?

Too distracted by my confused emotions, I didn’t realize that Myungsoo was already leaving the office and my father was taken down to the hospital.

“Are you coming?” He asked, holding the door for me. I snapped out of my daze and looked around the empty room, “Y-yeah I am.”

“You’d better hurry up, I’m not holding this for you forever.”

“Coming.” I scowled, earning a complaint of ‘I’m still your hyung’ from his lips. He brought me down to the emergency room where my father was being receiving treatment.

No wonder he had suffered a minor heart attack.

After 1 hour, the doors opened and the doctor walked out. He explained that the heart attack was due to shock and my father was currently resting in the room. I ran into the room, desperate to find out where he had gotten the information from. Was it the same unknown number which sent me a message earlier today?

As I waited for him to wake up, I realized that I haven’t been paying attention enough attention to him whenever I saw him. He looked worn-out and his face was pale. There were wrinkles on his forehead and he had more white hair than the last time.

What kind of son was I?

I was still holding that petty grudge. Was I going to go against him forever?

“Sehun.” My father’s airy voice entered my ears and I looked down at him to see him struggling to sit up.

“I saw it.” I said softly. “I saw everything.”

He remained silent, as if he had nothing to say regarding my uncle’s actions.

“I received a message related to him and I rushed over to ask you. I didn’t expect-”

“Sehun.” He cut me off, “I know your uncle did wrong. But it’s all over now. Maybe he regretted that’s way he committed suicide.”

“But you just can’t ignore what he did.”

“You can.” My father stared at me long and hard. “He’s gone. Let’s not let this affect our feelings.”

“What about the families of the people he killed?” I clenched my jaw and took a step back. If my father was going to continue being this heartless, I was going to walk out. There wasn’t any reason why I would stay.

“Sehun, he’s your uncle.”

“He killed people.”

“But-”

“We should explain to them that he was ordered to kill them.”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter