Twenty-Second

At First Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Han Seungyeon

I fiddled with the buttons of my top for a while as I nervously took off my half-ripped top in the toilet. I couldn’t stand it anymore, I felt so dirty and sticky. Sehun wouldn’t mind if I took a shower before changing, would he? I threw the top on the ground.

Taking off the rest of my clothes, I felt my way to the shower and quickly turned it on. I was in need of warm water and some noise. The bathroom was too quiet, it made me feel insecure.

Despite the need for a nice long shower to clean myself, I decided to make it short, since I wasn’t at my home, I was wasting someone else’s water. I found a towel after showering and I made sure it was clean before using it to dry myself. I felt much better. At least, cleaner.

I stepped out of the shower with a towel wrapped around my body as my hands roamed the top of the sink in search of the new t-shirt Sehun bought on the way here.  The moment I felt it, my fingers gripped the material and quickly pulled it above my head. I found the rest of my clothes and wore them hastily.

I took several long, deep breaths before opening the bathroom door. The cold air hit me and I shivered. What was I going to do after this? I didn’t know neither where I was nor the other people here.

I heard noises coming from the other side of where I was standing. Wondering what was actually going on, I pressed my ear against the wall (which I assumed was in between me and the speaker).

“It’s not that easy for me to do that hyung. It’s my fault this happened after all.” I heard Sehun’s loud voice before other ‘hush’ sounds and its volume decreased. I could hear mumbling but I couldn’t make out what was the other person saying.

It was rude to eavesdrop. I told myself to stop trying to listen to other people’s conversation. Shaking my head, I knocked on the wall beside me as I called out nervously, “Se- Sehun, Ummm… I’m done.”

There were shuffling noises before I could sense Sehun’s presence beside me. He cleared his throat and asked, “Are you- Do you want me to send you home?”

I nodded my head slowly and he led me out to the door, back to the vehicle I rode on less than an hour ago.

“Do you want to go home straight or do you want to go somewhere for a breather? I- I know wouldn’t be able to understand how you feel, but just tell me what you want me to do, okay? I want to help you. It’s my fault. Those people, they did this because of their dissatisfaction towards me. I’m sorry I couldn’t protect you.” For once, Sehun’s voice was soft, heart-warming. From his tone, I could tell he really cared. Maybe he wasn’t such a bad person.

“Just bring me home. I think I just need to rest.” I muttered coldly. It was wrong to treat him coldly, since he saved me again after all. But deep down, I knew, if I didn’t get involved in his business, I wouldn’t be in this state in the first place.

Sehun didn’t reply until he stopped the car. Unbuckling my seatbelt for me, he then said, “I’ll walk you home.”

I didn’t reject him. I allowed him to walk me to my door step. Obviously I could tell he didn’t know how to take care of a girl, not like any male took care of me before but his way of being careful around me made the atmosphere awkward as we walked. He rang the door bell for me and almost immediately, the door opened.

“Seungyeon! Where have you been? I’ve been so worried about you!” I felt grandmother’s dry and wrinkled fingers hol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter