Thirteenth

At First Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Han Seungyeon

I didn’t intend to visit Oh Sehun today as I felt that the headmaster needed some help in the Institution. But the headmaster kept rejecting my efforts in helping him and he insisted that I had to visit my savior.

At that point, I still didn’t understand why I agreed to ‘forgive’ Oh Sehun. Fine, it seemed like he changed, but I could never believe that he didn’t mean to do anything to me that day.

I gave up trying to help the headmaster. According to his words, I had to visit my savior often to thank him. I understood what the headmaster meant. I agree that I had to thank Oh Sehun for saving me. But our relationship right now just isn’t the savior-victim type.

Before entering the hospital, I decided to buy some fruits from the fruit stall. Upon entering the hospital, silence engulfed me as I could only hear my footsteps. Heaving a sigh, I reached out and opened the door of Sehun’s ward. The door opened silently and the scent of instant noodles infiltrated my nose.

“You’re here.”

I nodded in response and headed towards the hospital bed. Sehun took the bag of fruits from me and asked, “What’s this?”

“Fruits.” I answered simply. Out of curiosity, I asked, “Were you eating instant noodles?”

“Yup.” He popped the ‘p’ and held my wrist firmly, but gently. “Would you like some?”

“It’s bad for you. You shouldn’t eat it too often.”

“Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind.” He said. I found my way to the chair and sat down, listening to the sounds coming from outside the open window. Once again, there was silence.

It was the same every time I would visit him. After exchanging a few words, we’ll sit in silence until someone speaks up by bringing up a random topic. Suddenly the bed creaked and I jerked my head up.

“Bathroom.” He said as I heard him taking slow steps to the bathroom.

When he came out, I asked, “How’s your leg?”

“It’s feeling better.” I heard him sit back on the bed. There were ruffling plastic noises after that and I guessed he was taking the apples I bought out. “You want one?” He asked.

“It’s alright.”

“Just take one, I can’t finish so many alone.”

“Give it to your family members or friends,” I blurted.

“My family members don’t even care about me, they don’t know that I’m here.”

I kept silent. It was wrong to mention his family members. His voice was low and expressionless, I didn’t know what to say next. Apologizing would be a bad idea, since I already ruined his mood.

I was reminded of the time when In-Na told me about him and he was the one together at the department store with the guy she disliked.

“That boy used to be the teacher’s pet. He scored the highest in the lev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter