Forty-First

At First Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Han Seungyeon

[RECAP]

From then, I knew that I liked Oh Sehun. Not as a friend, but more.

Whenever grandmother called from the door saying Sehun was here, my heart would do a little flip out of excitement.

I never expected the day to come which my heart did a little flip out of fear instead. Today.

“Seungyeon dear, Sehun is here!”

My fingers trembled as I struggled to calm my nerves. What was he doing here? Couldn’t he just go away? He was the last person I wanted to see.

“I’m busy.” I shouted back, hoping that grandmother would understand that I didn’t want any visitors today, especially if a visitor was named Oh Sehun. I heard muffled sounds outside my room.

“Seungyeon!” Grandmother called again. This time, she sounded like she was pleading for me to come out and meet him. “Seungyeon, he says he was something important to tell you about.”

“Grandmother, I said I’m busy. Please-”

The bedroom slammed open and I could now hear grandmother’s voice clearly entered my eardrums. “A minute. He just needs a minute. Trust me, Seungyeon. He’s not going to hurt you.”

“I-”

“Don’t worry.” Grandmother ran her fingers through my hair, “I’ve been watching you grow up. I know when you mean your words and when you don’t mean them. I can tell that Oh Sehun isn’t just an ordinary person in your life. Just listen to what he has to say. Smile a little, okay?” She held my hand and led me out of my room.

She pushed me lightly out of the front door. I hung my head down as I stepped forward, right hand holding tightly on the handrail.

“Seungyeon.”

It was as if my hair stood on its ends. I was at a loss of words. What do I say? What should I do?

“What are you doing here?” I tried to answer normally but voice quivered a little when I said ‘here’.

“Well, I-”

I nodded my head as sign for him to continue talking. Instead of completing his sentence, he stopped as if his words were stuck in his throat.

The more I thought about it, the more unfair it felt. I’m right here, trying my best to listen to him despite my mind telling me to get back into my room, yet he was hesitating. Did he not trust me?

I poured my heart out to him and told him almost everything about me and my life but I don’t know much about his. What was his family like now? What were his frie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter