Twenty-Third

At First Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh Sehun

I offered to walk Seungyeon to her doorstep. She still looked worried and scared, but I didn’t know what I could do to help her. I bit my bottom lip and walked beside her. She almost tripped and I held onto the sides of her waist to steady her. Realising where I had touched, I put my hands behind my back and took a step away from her the moment she could walk fine.

We stopped in front of the door. I rang the door bell for her and prepared myself to face her family member. An elderly woman opened the door and exclaimed, “Seungyeon! Where have you been? I’ve been so worried about you!”

She pulled Seungyeon towards her, and touched her arms carefully, checking for injuries. Seungyeon replied in a monotone, “Something happened.”

My throat was dry and I accidentally let out a cough. Her grandmother (I assumed) turned to face me. She eyed me from head to toe and I started sweating. I hate it when adults start to judge my appearance. Seungyeon spoke up before her grandmother could ask ‘Who is he?’, “Uh, this is-”

“My name is Oh Sehun.” I said in a respectful tone, taking a bow, “Seungyeon got injured because of me, I’m so sorry.”

“As long as she’s fine now.” Her grandmother gave me a nod as she led Seungyeon inside, “Sehun-ah, why don’t you come in for a glass of water?” she pointed inside.

I shook my head, “No thank you, I think Seungyeon needs to rest. I’ll leave now. Thank you and good night.” I turned around and left, hearing her grandmother shutting the door.

I headed back to the car and rested my head on the steering wheel.  

“Sehun, you and I know it’s better if you leave her alone. She’ll get more hurt if more people find out about her. Furthermore, she’s blind. An easy target for our rivals. We might be able to save her this once, that doesn’t mean we’ll be so lucky the next time. After this, don’t look her up anymore. If you see her on the road, ignore her. It’s for the better of us and Han Seungyeon herself.”

That’s right.

What Chen said was for the better of all of us. Now that Seungyeon is safe, I should get out of her life before I bring more danger upon her. She’s blind and vulnerable. I reminded myself. Shaking my head to clear off my other thoughts, I started the car. I headed to Kris’ place.

Kris opened the door and immediately, I sensed the tension in the air. His right eye was slightly bruised and my eyes widened, “Hyung, you okay?”

“What does it look like?” He replied solemnly, “You better check on Luhan, he was badly kicked in the stomach.”

I ran into Kris’ apartment and spotted Luhan resting on the couch. I sat next to him and asked anxiously, “How’s your stomach? I’m sorry hyung, it’s my fault.”

Luhan smirked, “Since when have you become so concerned over my injuries? Where’s the nonchalant Oh Sehun?” He eyed me and continued, “I’m much stronger than you, I can handle a little pain.”

I heaved a sigh of relief as I rubbed my temple, “Did you guys finish off BAP?”

“Of course, we’re EXO after all.” Luhan laughed and stopped after his stomach started aching again.

“You should rest.” I told Luhan.

Luhan punched my arm, “Don’t tell me what to do, you little brat. I’m your hyung.” He scolded with a smile o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter