Thirty-Third

At First Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Han Seungyeon

“Sehun! Stop! You’re going to kill him that way!”

Those words haunted me as I tried to run away from the scene.

“I know you didn’t mean to go this far. But you have to get a grip on yourself. You’re the youngest out of all of us, and if it’s one of us who should go to jail, it’s definitely not you.”

Kill him…

Go to jail…

These words made me realise how serious it was. How serious Sehun had injured that person. Sehun was about to kill someone. I knew very well that it was unintentionally but he acted on impulse, like that murderer. What if Sehun turned out to be someone like him?

“Leo! Wake up!”

“Leo-hyung! Leo-hyung! Please respond!”

I was too scared. I was scared for Sehun. What if he really killed someone? Was the Sehun I knew this impulsive? What if I didn’t know him well enough?

The previous scenes of me taking care of his wounds reminded me of the person he actually was. I couldn’t believe that I almost forgot that Oh Sehun was a gangster. He got into fights and got bloodied by knives too.

Oh Sehun liked to do things before thinking through them. Like the first time we met and he kissed me out of nowhere. Like that time he tried to threaten me by letting me think that he was about to me. Like that time he saved me. Like that time he kissed me again after that day he was drunk.

I could never understand Oh Sehun.

“You’re going to kill him that way!”

I was supposed to hate him more now. But why couldn’t I do it? It was so easy for me to hate him in the past, but I couldn’t do it like before. Why was this so hard? I stopped in my tracks and I knelt down on the ground, covering my face as tears streamed down it.

~

“Seungyeon, are you okay? You’re spacing out.” In-Na shook my shoulders and I waved it off, “I’m fine.”

“I-” She hesitated, “I’m really sorry I left you there alone that day.”

That day?

Oh.

That day, which Sehun almost killed someone. That day.

“I’m fine.” I told her, “Don’t you have exams coming up?” I tried to change the topic. I didn’t want to get reminded of what happened that day. 3 days after that incident happened, Oh Sehun didn’t come to visit me.

“I shouldn’t have left you there alone. I should have stayed by your side.” In-Na refused to change the topic.

“You were helping a friend. It’s alright.”

Somehow I knew that In-Na knew there was something going on. She knew that something happened that day.

She grabbed my hand and asked worriedly, “You’re acting weird. Something happened that day, right?”

I kept silent, hoping that she would give up and change the topic. However, this time, sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter