Nineteenth

At First Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Special.

In-Na dusted the dirt off her school skirt and kicked the ground. She grumbled as she picked up the broom and started sweeping.

“In-Na shi, I have an important meeting to attend to… As our class head, could you help me with today’s duty?” The new student with short curly hair asked as she bounced up and down anxiously. In-Na gulped and watched her plead for her help.

“Please?” She raised her hands and placed them on hers, shaking them.

In-Na closed her eyes for a second, before giving up in her internal conflict to whether she should help. “Fine, give me the broom.” She said.

“Thank you, thank you so much In-Na shi!” The girl passed her the broom quickly and ran out of the class.

In-Na let out a sigh as she looked around the empty classroom which was full of litter on the ground. There was a lot of cleaning that was needed to be done.

“I shouldn’t have accepted the first time she begged me. This is the second time she used the same excuse to get away with classroom cleaning duty.” In-Na huffed as she swept the floor roughly, venting the anger on the ground.

She used the back of her hand to wipe the tiny beads of sweat on her forehead and frowned. Sweeping and arranging the classroom was harder done than said. For a moment there, she regretted being so vulnerable because of her position as the Class Head. She didn’t want to end up being stuck in school cleaning. She would rather go home and rest.

As In-Na was about to return the broom back to the storeroom at the corner of the class, she stepped on something hard and pointy. The sole of her shoe rubbed against a sharp and rough material. She looked down to see a pin on the ground, big enough to pierce through a hand, actually.

In-Na grumbled and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. She was too lazy to squat and bend down elegantly like a woman, instead she decided to just bend down like any other man would do, since she was probably the only person left in school. In-Na let out a yawn. She was already so tired after cleaning. She really wanted to go home.

“Got it.” She muttered, “I wonder who even brought this to school.” She threw the pin into the garbage bin.

A wolf whistle echoed in the classroom.

In-Na spun around in curiosity. There was no way someone would stay in school till so late at night. It was probably someone outside the school compounds. As she faced the door, she saw a guy in his school uniform, smirking at her. She couldn’t make out his face, as he was outside of the classroom, with half his body being blocked by the wall.

She scoffed, “What?”

“I’ve never seen someone in this school with pink laced before.” He said as he his lips.

In-Na’s face turned a deep shade of red as she held her skirt down, “Were you staring at me?!” She shouted, mentally blaming herself for n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter