Twenty-Ninth

At First Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How do you know where I live?” In-Na stared wide eyed at the boy sitting outside her apartment. Her grip on her book bag tightened.

“I stole the file with your particulars in it from the principal’s office. So?” He raised an eyebrow and smirked.

In-Na rolled her eyes and pushed him aside, fumbling with her keys as she tried to take it out of her book bag. Managing to insert the key into the keyhole, she turned around and faced the homeless-looking boy with textbooks in his hands. For once she thought he looked studious, but decided to shrug off the thought. It was impossible that a person like him would actually bother about his academics.

“I’m just kidding,” He laughed and leaned against the wall, “Look,” He eyed the books in his hands and then looked back up at In-Na expectantly, “I need some help?”

“Why are you coming to me for help?” In-Na questioned, confused. There were tons of other people he could turn to for help, but why her? Furthermore, he was trying to get her to study with him. Was he even in the right mind?

“I just really need some help or else my dad is going to kill me.” He stared back at her, as his eyes seem to be searching for an answer.

In-Na ran her fingers through her hair in annoyance. She wanted him to go away so badly. She could have spent quality time studying for the exam in two days but he was trying to distract her, getting her to teach him. She believed that no matter how serious he might seem, he might just end up learning only half of what she taught.

She bit the bottom of her lip and questioned, “Why not your friends or the other girls in class? What about Ah Young? She likes you and she’s one of the smartest in class… I bet she would be more than happy to assist you.”

“You think my friends even study for exams? And if I were to go to those girls, I‘ll seem like I’m giving them a chance. I don’t want to go to them, they’re gross.”

“What are you, six? How could you insult my gender and call those girls gross? Yeah sure they have bad taste in men but you’re old enough to stop calling girls gross.” In-Na rebutted and crossed her arms, frowning.

“The only reason why I came to you is because you would be the only girl who wouldn’t drool over me.” He said as he put his hands in his pockets. Then, he took a step towards her and tilted his head, “Unless… Deep down, you have undying love for my good looks.”

In-Na showed a disgusted face in response, “No way. If you think you can waste my time and get me to tutor your dumb brain, you were wrong.” She turned to her door and opened it, getting ready to enter the house.

“Where are you going?” Kai called out.

“Home. Where else would I go?” She took out her shoes at the doorstep and then started to close the door.

“Wait,” Kai placed his hand on the door and stopped it before it could close on him. “Aren’t you supposed to help me?”

“Why should I? I didn’t say I would.” In-Na raised her eyebrow and tried to close the door again.

“Class representative refusing to help her poor classmate,” Kai blurted, earning a g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter