Forty-Second

At First Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Oh Sehun

“I’d never expect to see you here again, Mr I-left-home-and-I-don’t-care-about-my-father-at-all.” Myungsoo smirked as he watched me walk past his desk to the door of my father’s office. I rolled my eyes, hoping that he’ll get the message that I didn’t want to talk to him and that he should just keep quiet. It was embarrassing enough that I was coming back to my father’s office time and again even though I had claimed to never see him again.

I pushed the door open to see him sitting at his usual seat, reading the newspapers. I cleared my throat, causing him to look up at me. His eyes widened in surprise and his jaw opened slightly, yet no words came out.

I took slow steps into his office and sat down opposite him.

“Sehun, what brings you here?”

“I came to request for something.” I said bluntly.

“Name it,” He said as he placed the newspapers on the coffee table. He then crossed his arms and leaned back on the chair. Raising an eyebrow, he questioned, “Why aren’t you saying anything?”

“I need your help for something.”

“Is it about Han Seungyeon?”

“Ye- How did you know? What did you do?” I sat up straight and the volume of my voice rose. “How did you know about her?”

“I did a short background check on you after you left the last time,” He said it casually, as if it was a normal thing to do. “I would have never known that apart from gangs, you even got associated with someone like her.”

“So what if she’s disabled?!” I found myself standing and fists clenched. How dare he speak about her that way?

As if he was unaffected by my sudden outburst, he continued, “I didn’t do anything to her, if you’re wondering. So what do you want me to do for her?”

“Surgery. I want to restore her eyesight.” I said, calming down. Before he answered me, his lips curled up into a slight smirk.

 

Han Seungyeon

Where is she? I dial her number again and again on my phone and she hasn’t been picking up. Kang In-Na, where in the world are y-

“Hello? Seungyeon?” She asked through the phone, sounding breathless.

“In-Na, where are you?” I finally got the chance to ask her. I’ve been waiting for over 10 minutes. In-Na is never late when we meet up. Today’s the first.

“I’m so sorry! I was caught up with some stuff! I’m on my way there right now, just give me another 10 minutes!” She apologized through the phone and I could hear her heavy footsteps echoing in the background. It sounds as if she’s running. I shake my head and assured her, “Take your time. I was just worried. Now that I know that you’re fine, I can wait in peace.”

“Great.” She chuckled, “See you!”

I end the call and sighed, I guess I have to wait for another 10 minutes doing absolutely nothing. Feeling bored, I tapped my feet on the ground. Sounds of laughter could be heard around me and I couldn’t help but pay attention to one of the guy’s words, “Woah, Daehyun, your sis really did a good job this time! Oh Sehun and the rest of EXO didn’t have the energy to mess with us the other day!”

“Tell Daekyung to keep up the good work.” A deep voice laughed and I froze. I’ve heard his voice before. He was the same guy who kidnapped me.

“You know what? I’m sick of waiting for your little boyfriend to come and save you. I, together with all of them, am going to you right here and right now. Oh Sehun can come and see your dirty little body when he arrives.”

My breaths started to become uneven. What was he doing around here? Did he see me? I took a few steps back until my back touched the wall. I felt like I was having a heart attack. Was he going to do anything?

But they mentioned a girl n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter