Thirty-Fourth

At First Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Han Seungyeon

“You called?”

I gasped upon picking up my phone and I shot up from my seat. Ignoring Mihyo’s constant calls as I walked out of the playroom, I stuttered out, “O- Oh S-Sehun?”

“You called?” He repeated over the phone and I felt the hairs on my neck standing upon hearing his voice. What was I supposed to say?

“I-” I paused. Why would Sehun even call me back? He would only do so if that guy told him. I specifically told the guy that the call was an accident! I opened my mouth and choked out, “The call was an accident.”

“Really?” His amused tone made my stomach churn as I bit my lip in nervousness. ‘Believing’ my lie, he spoke, “Well, if you have nothing to say, I’ll hang up now.”

There was no turning back anyway. He called me in the first place. Suddenly I exclaimed, “Wait! Don’t hang up yet.”

Surprisingly, he heard what I had said and I could still hear his calm breathing on the other line. Me, on the other hand, was on the verge of screaming in frustration now that I had no idea how to continue this conversation. My heart hammered in my chest as I placed my fist on my chest.

“Seungyeon?”

The way he said my name so easily made my eyes widen and my heart was beating even faster than before. He was clearly waiting for me to say something but the main problem was that I had no idea what to say.

“Seungyeon?” He repeated in confusion and out of vocal reflex I blurted a “Huh?”. Bright red blush crept onto my cheeks after realizing that I sounded like an absolute idiot just now. I was definitely a different person today. Normally I would respond calmly, but now I was at a loss of words.

“I-” I muttered, “I- Um… Are you free now?”

He hummed in response which I had assumed it was a ‘yes’. Great, I had just hinted that I wanted to meet him. Now.

“I-”

Sehun spoke into the speaker before I could continue, “I’m nearby your institution. I can walk there to meet you if you want.”

“What? How did you know I was at the institution?” I asked, flabbergasted. I didn’t remember telling him where the institution was, I only mentioned that I come once in a while to help out.

“Well, I happened to see you enter it one day so now I know where it is.” He said, “I’m heading over, by the way.”

“Okay.” I said quickly and hung up the phone. How was he able to speak in a monotone manner when clearly he could tell I was nervous? I my bottom lip. Sehun was coming

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter