Forty-Third

At First Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Han Seungyeon

“We’re almost there, just hold on a little more. I promise that I’ll tell you everything.”

I promise that I’ll tell you everything.

Everything.

So that was what he meant.

“What?” I asked in disbelief. I wasn’t going to believe Sehun. The world was too big for the murderer to be related to him. Too big.

“The person in the tombstone in front of you is my uncle. He’s Oh Yoo Hyuk, the murderer who killed your family.” He repeated. This time, he said it more clearly.

I laughed, “You’re joking with me right? How can you tell a joke like this? Stop it.” I couldn’t stand it. This better be a joke.

“Seungyeon.”

I could tell from his tone that he was dead serious.

“Then?” I questioned angrily. “What am I supposed to do about it? There’s no point telling me this. He’s dead, along with the rest of my family. What in the world are you trying to do, Oh Sehun?”

Sehun kept silent before continuing, “Uncle- Argh, I don’t even know what I should call you anymore. It’s disappointing. I heard about what you did a few weeks back. How could you do such a thing? How could you leave without saying sorry? How could you leave without receiving the punishment you deserve? I brought her here because I think that you deserve to hear about the harm you caused and feel guilty forever. I want Seungyeon to express her inner thoughts to help her move on. I know that when it comes to such issues, we can’t just forgive and forget.”

“It’s not fair if I leave you in the dark, Seungyeon. If you can’t do it, I won’t force you. But I can’t lie to you while continuing to be your friend. It’s because I want to be there for you that I have to do this. I’m sorry.” He sighed.

I closed my eyes. This was too hard. How was I supposed to start?

As if he heard my thoughts, Sehun said, “I know it’s hard for you, let’s leave then.” He held my wrist and pulled me softly.

I stopped him. “It’s okay, I’ll do it.”

“Are you sure?”

“I’ll have to get all these feelings out sooner or later. Might as well do it here.” I let ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter