First

At First Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***My first chapters always . Do continue reading though :)

 

Han Seungyeon

“Just die.” The masked man reached out his bloody hand towards me.

I woke up. It was the third time this week. This wasn’t normal. Why do I keep reminding myself about the past. If only I was dead along with my family.

I reached out my hand to touch the side table. My hand moved along the tabletop and stopped when it had touched something long and thin. It was my walking stick.

I never liked to use a walking stick. Because of it, everyone around me knew that I was blind. I heard them gossiping and I felt their stares. I hated being judged.

“It’s that blind girl across the street again.”

“It’s such a waste that a pretty girl was born blind.”

People pitied me. I knew it was wrong to hate them and show a face each time they would speak about me. Sure there were some hateful comments and some nice ones, I made sure that I would always greet everyone with a smile on my face, even if I didn’t know whether they were looking at me.

I shoved my blanket to the right of the bed as I sat up at the edge of the bed. I placed the stick vertically as I stood up, with it supporting me. I took small steps to the right, until I reached a cool surface, the door. I wrapped my fingers around the handle and turned it. The door creaked open and I heard shuffling noises coming from my left. “Grandmother, are you in the kitchen?” I asked.

“Seungyeon, you’re awake.” I heard my grandmother’s footsteps towards me. A hand held my arm, guiding me to the kitchen. Grandmother helped me take a seat as I heard her sigh.

“What’s wrong?” I asked her. My hand moving upwards, along her shoulder, until it reached the side of her face. Her wrinkles had gotten worse. It was rougher than last week.

“We’re running out of food. I have to go to the market later, stay at home alright?” She asked, her hand on mine.

“I can still help you. You’re too old to carry groceries.”

“There’s no need for that.” She clicked her tongue, “I made peanut butter sandwi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter